Would Thermage help tighten my loose skin? (Photo)

I am considering having cosmetic surgery done to help my loose skin from my pregnancy. I am not sure what would help me. I would love the cost of thermage over a tummy tuck but am not sure if it would work for me. I don't have severe loose skin but it is bothersome and I am very self conscious of it. Any advise would help!

Tighten Skin with No Downtime

Yes.  Thermage is an excellent non-invasive tool for tightening skin and building collagen.  It uses radio frequency technology to heat the layers of your skin.  You will see some improvement immediately and the skin quality improvement will continue over 6 months.

Loose Skin After Baby On Stomach

This area needs a tummy tuck based on your photos.  Thermage will do little.  If you are looking for minor improvement, venus legacy or velashape would be more beneficial or trying ThermiRF.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thermage to tighten the skin

Thermage is an excellent way to tighten the skin in the face, or anywhere on the body.  The results take approximately 4 months to evaluate.  The best candidates are those as you describe without severe loose skin.  This radiofrequency heat creates new collagen and tightens the skin that is treated.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Thermage.

Loose skin

It makes sense to try a noninvasive alternative in a case like yours.  Thermage uses RadioFrequency to treat and tighten loose skin and might get you the results you are looking for.  If not then you could always revert to the more invasive mini tummy tuck.

John Burns, MD

Would Thermage help tighten my loose skin?

Thank you for the question.  Definitive advice would require in-person evaluation. I would however caution you NOT to expect much, if any significant change with the appearance of your abdominal wall, after "noninvasive" modalities such as thermage.

Your best bet: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons for  good advice. Best wishes.