Do I have double bubble? (photos)

I am 2 weeks post op today, I can see a slight indentation on the later aspect of my breast. Is this from scar tissue and part of healing or do I have a mild double bubble? If so, is this permanent or will it go away? Is there any exercise or stretches I can do to help this not become double bubble? I spoke with my PS and he isn't concerned but I wanted another opinion.

Do I have double bubble? (photos)

Hi, thank you for your question and photo. In my opinion, you are still early in your #postoperative #BA and #swelling is still a factor. The final #appearance, #shape, and #movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically #enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The #contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are #swollen and #firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result. Keep in touch with your #PS and follow his postop #protocol. Best wishes!

2 weeks post-op is usually too early for a diagnosis of double bubble.

You seem to be in good position based on your photographs, and incision area edema (swelling) is giving the appearance of a slight double bubble. It is too early to be worried about these normal (in most cases) post-operative occurrences.

Your plastic surgeon cares about your concern, but is rightfully not concerned that this represents a problem. I believe reassurance that this will settle over time is honest and realistic. Truthfully, if you ask enough individuals for their opinions, you will eventually find someone that might agree this is a concern, but what to do about it would be your next question, and the answer is "Wait."

Expect lots of changes over the next days to weeks, and rely on your plastic surgeon's advice--he wants nothing more than for you to be happy. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble?

I think that it is too early to tell.  You should discuss this with your surgeon and see if he wants you to wear any type of support.  Good luck.

Double Bubble

It is too early to be able to judge your result and the soft tissues need to settle before this can be assessed. All does look fine for this stage and I would keep in contact with your PS.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubbles

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! You are still in the healing process and your breasts will continue to settle and become more a part of "you" around the 3-4 month post op mark. Should you continue to have concerns after 6 months, seek follow up with your surgeon for possible revision. Good luck and, again, congratulations!

Do I have double bubble?

At this point, you seem to have a normal result. It takes time for the breast skin to find its final shape. Give it 3 to 6 months. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Double Bubble

Thank you for your question and photos. It does appear that you have a little residual constriction in the tissue/skin of your lower poles which is contributing to the look of an indented band or Double bubble but your IMF positions don't appear problematic. I would expect those tighter areas to gradually stretch and round out. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Not a double bubble

For just two weeks after breast augmentation, your photographs look fairly normal for this point in time of your recovery. As time passes, the overlying breast, muscle and skin will stretch to accommodate the underlying implant. Things at this point will smooth out and the outline of the breast usually will look less harsh. Congratulations on your surgery. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Double Bubble?

At two weeks after surgery, you still have a long way to go for a full recovery.  It takes about three months total for everything to stop changing, so I would just be patient.  In the early recovery period, the breast tissue is trying to stretch and mold around the implant itself.  This can take some time and cause some irregularities that often smooth out over time.  I would follow your surgeon's instructions and be patient at this point.  I hope this helps. 

Do I have double bubble?

Your photos show the implants in a good position and there is not a double bubble. The skin envelope will relax and settle in the new implant. This will take time and no exercise is needed. Rest and an underwire will help set the pocket and fold.