How long should I wait for cool sculpting repeat treatment?

If I require more than one treatment for cool sculpting, how much time do I need to wait in between the first and second treatment?

Wait time

I suggest you wait 4-8 weeks after your first treatment to consider round #2.  Best wishes.

CoolSculpting for fat loss can benefit in some cases by doing a second treatment in two months

In 2010 when we began this great treatment for fat loss, we knew that 20 % of fat was reduced in volume in four months and not much thereafter so we waited four months to perform the second treatment.  It had been shown that redoing CoolSculpting sooner builds on the first response so second treatments are being done two months after, to allow the initial inflammation period to subside.  Some doctors retreat at one month but I would want to make certain that there is no excessive tenderness or inflammation in the area prior to undergoing the treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Repeat Treatments

When we first started doing Coolsculpting many years ago the company recommended waiting 4 months before the second treatment. However, the latest guidelines recommend waiting 4 to 8 weeks if a second treatment would be needed.  Best, Dr. Green

Time between Coolsculpting sessions?

Regardless of the non-surgical or surgical modality used, it makes sense to not re-treat while tissues are still changing. Why try to hit a moving target? In the case of Coolsculpting, re-treatment prior to complete resolution of swelling and dead fat removal may make you think you need additional treatment when in fact all you need is time and patience!

Typically, I would recommend waiting 3 months, even if it is clear that re-treatment is going to be necessary. There is a higher risk of unsatisfactory scarring if still-healing tissues are redamaged prematurely. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

How long to wait in between CoolSculpting sessions will depend on the individual, but generally you should wait for full results before having a second treatment done. Full results from a CoolSculpting treatment can take two or three months to appear. Generally, the doctor who does your treatment should be able to assess during your first consultation how many treatments it is likely to take to reach your goals and will be able to give you a time frame for sessions.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How long to wait between treatments

We have our patients wait 2 months before re-treating the same area.  This allows enough time for the cells to be cleared out.  Because we have so much experience with Coolsculpting, we can tell you before we treat how many times you can expect to have the treatment performed.  
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Time in between CoolSculpting treatments

Many of our patients start seeing results within a few weeks after treatment, usually around the 30 day mark.  Around the 60 day mark or 8-10 weeks is when the majority of patients see their final result.  Always remember to complete treatment to transformation and you can proceed with your 2nd treatment after 60 days. 

Dominic Castellano, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Between Treatments

Coolsculpting takes about 2-3 months to see the results, i suggest waiting that much time till you decide on another treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
We typically wait 2-3 months before a retreatment

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

How Long To Wait Before Repeating CoolSculpting

Answers to this question will vary from provider to provider. We typically wait between 2-3 months before repeating a CoolSculpting treatment. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon