Could a little droopy breasts be fixed with a good size implant?

I have had two children my breasts are not completely flat but I have a little droopyness not much according to a surgeon I have seen. He started adding all these procedures I should do. I'm a full b cup but my nipples still point up not down. I really don't want a lift just a nice firm implant that will give me good size my breats are pretty round normal I guess. Any advice? Thanks.

It depends

If your nipples are at or above the inframammary line, then usually just implants will help give you fullness and a bit of a lift. If the nipples are below --- then usually a lift is needed - otherwise you can have a "snoopy" dog result -- high implants and low breasts -- not a good thing.

Mild sagging can be fixed with implants only

Mild sagging can definitely be corrected with breast implants. No lift is necessary. It depends on the how much breast tissue is situated below your inframammary fold. A narrower implant base can help correct mild ptosis.

Breast Lift or Implants

Thank you for your question. it's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, implants will not give you any lift so if your breasts are saggy, a breast lift would be needed. If you're only looking for additional volume, then an implant will be enough. I also recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. You'll need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implants and Lift

While it is true that implants due impart a subtle lift to the breasts (secondary to autorotation of the mound on the implant), this is not significant nor quantifiable.

The degree of ptosis or "droop" of the breast is determined by the relationship of the nipple to the IMF or "fold." The nipple should be above the level of the fold. Once the nipple descends to a level below the fold or conversely is pointing downwards, a lift is usually indicated.
If a lift is indicated, implants alone are often inadequate to effect the change needed. Augmented breasts where a lift is indicated but deferred often worsens the appearance of the breast where the implant rides high while the breast mound descends.

In these cases, an exam is invaluable. Your board certified plastic surgeon is uniquely qualified to guide you towards the appropriate operative plan. 

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Droopy breasts and implants

Implants do not lift the breasts to any significant degree.  Often a lift of some sort is necessary to get the best result  with your situation.

Could droopy breast be fixed with implants?

Thank you for your question. Breast implants can be used to restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide a lifting. This is a great approach in the right patient, and keeps scarring off of the front of the breast which I usually prefer. The implant will increase fullness and fill the skin envelope. Correct placement will also provide a few centimeters of lift, which is all many patients need for things to look perfect. Some photos of your breasts would be of great help to give you the best advice. The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for you.

Implant lifting

Implants can provide a very modest lift.
Imagine a partially deflated balloon tacked against a wall. Much like you see at a carnival dart toss.
Now, imagine inflating the balloon. You can imagine how it would lift off that wall somewhat. So even though no specific maneuvers are being done to lift that balloon, it will rise slightly just due to the reinflation.
The same thing happens with the breast implant. The degree of lift is slight, usually only about 1-2 cm. This may be all you need, it may not be. That depends upon a visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon. If you do need a lift, it is far better to accept the scars with the procedure, which will fade with time, rather than a poorly-shaped breast with the breast tissue hanging off the implant unnaturally.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Without a photo, I can't give an opinion for you specifically.  However, a general rule to determine whether a lift is needed or not has to do with the position of the nipple relative to the fold under the breasts.  If the nipple is at or above the fold, then a lift is likely not required.  I'm not sure of "all the procedures" that could have been recommended to you for the breasts.  If you are considering a breast augmentation, the only other additional procedure required would be a lift.  If a woman has excess tissue near the axilla (bra fat), liposuction might help improve the shape of the breast in that area.

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. If your nipples do not sit below your inframammary fold, then you could likely have a nice result with an implant using a dual plane tecnique. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Droopy Breasts

Hello and thank you for your question! Placing an implant alone will NOT lift your breasts. Your nipple position will still be low and the breasts will still have some ptosis (drooping). A breast lift will certainly lift your breasts to a desirable position. However, as you may know, a breast lift will require more incisions and thus resulting in more scarring. It is often times challenging inserting an implant during a breast lift surgery because of the risks associated with this. Such risks include: a lot of pressure on the incisions with a larger implant can cause poor wound healing, premature sagging. Often times when the procedures are separated into two step procedures, a patient is able to have larger implants. Step one would be to have the Mastopexy (Breast Lift) surgery alone. Step two would be to have the Breast Implant surgery.I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a thorough examination and evaluation. Best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon