Wrinkled labia majora and fatty mons pubis. What procedure would you recommend? (Photo)

I have an issue with my vagina. It's with the labia majors and mons pubis. I feel as though the mons pubis is the cause of the wrinkles on majora. Just by looks, can you tell my what procedure you would recommend and approximately the cost? Please see the attached photos.

Doctor Answers 7

Mons pubis lift and liposuction


It is difficult to determine the best options given your limited photos. However, generally a mons lift  along with liposuction can improve the vulvar contours. The need for a labia majora reduction would require further assessment and costs would then be more accurately determined.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                     Village Plastic Surgery

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 85 reviews

Mons pubis and labia majora

You need a mons lift using tacking sutures to your abdominal muscles along with pubic liposuction. In addition, you need labia majora skin and fat excision. I have published extensively on these procedures and am in many textbooks and medical journals.  You do not necessarily need a tummy tuck at the same time. 

Gary J. Alter, M.D.

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Mon Pubis and Labiaplasty Majora

Based upon your pictures your anatomy is normal. However if it is bothersome i would recommend liposuction to the mon pubis with labiaplasty of majora to removed the excess skin and fat. 

The right surgery for you?

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

Wrinkled labia majora and fatty mons pubis.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though a more complete set of photographs would be needed to make the best recommendation, the mons can be reduced with liposuction and lifted with a tummy tuck.  Hope this helps.

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

You need to show more of your body to give a complete set of options for your mons and labia

I get the impression that there's a big belly just above the mons. If that's the case, I would recommend a mons pubis lift integrated with mons pubis lipo and a tummy tuck as the best solution. The upward pull after lipo would correct most of the laxity issues that concern you. I'm concerned that without the upward pull everything will be compressed from above and not give much of a result.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Large Mons Pubis and Labia Majora laxity

Hello Fitzpatl,

Great question. A great option for some patients is an in-office liposculpture of the excess fat of the mons pubis and labia majora followed by labia majora reduction. Other patients however, benefit more from the lifting of the mons that results from an abdominoplasty. Your best option and cost is best determined after a virtual or in-person consultation.

Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.