785 Quanta Yellow laser for melasma?

Has anyone used or had success with the Quanta 785? If not the 785, then yellow lasers in general for long term clearing while concurrent treatment of Kligman and TXA?

Lasers and melasma

Laser should always be adjunctive therapy, and yes, Quanta Yellow can work in combination with creams. 

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams. Another laser I use is the Clear and Brilliant in the Permea setting combined with creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help. Melasma treatments should be tailored to each patient.

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia 

Lasers and melasma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Laser therapy and Melasma

Laser therapy alone cannot address melasma completely. At the very least, combine the lasers with twice daily Melarase creams in the Kareskin Brightening Kit. Lasers can complement melasma treatment well. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Laser therapy and Melasma

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 / Aerolase w Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

The yellow laser is best for vascular marks like rosacea or blood vessels.  It has limited use in melasma unless its very resistent to other therapy.  Best, Dr. Emer.