I am 50. I have lived with the birth defects of bilateral club feet. Seeking calf implants? (Photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Calf implants - will insurance pay?
- I am sorry you had club feet and glad you have had corrective surgery.
- Calf implants are a standard procedure to correct the visible effects of club feet -
- It is worth submitting an insurance pre-determination form but don't get your hopes up -
- No insurer, so far, has paid for this operation in my practice on the grounds that it is cosmetic, not functional.
- Surgery places a soft, solid implant over the muscle -
- It can be done as an outpatient.
- Recovery takes at least two full weeks and often longer to feel you are walking normally -
- Until then, it is painful when you start walking and your knees are bent.
- I would be honored to see you in consultation by Skype or in person.
- My office is 2045 Peachtree Road, NE, #412, Atlanta, GA 30309 404.941-3200
- We arrange our schedule so that we can usually see consultations within 2 weeks.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Calf implants for club feet
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.