I am 50. I have lived with the birth defects of bilateral club feet. Seeking calf implants? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Calf implants - will insurance pay?
- I am sorry you had club feet and glad you have had corrective surgery.
- Calf implants are a standard procedure to correct the visible effects of club feet -
- It is worth submitting an insurance pre-determination form but don't get your hopes up -
- No insurer, so far, has paid for this operation in my practice on the grounds that it is cosmetic, not functional.
- Surgery places a soft, solid implant over the muscle -
- It can be done as an outpatient.
- Recovery takes at least two full weeks and often longer to feel you are walking normally -
- Until then, it is painful when you start walking and your knees are bent.
- I would be honored to see you in consultation by Skype or in person.
- My office is 2045 Peachtree Road, NE, #412, Atlanta, GA 30309 404.941-3200
- We arrange our schedule so that we can usually see consultations within 2 weeks.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Calf implants for club feet
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.