I had 8 CoolSculpting treatments two weeks and the swelling has not gone down. Should I be concerned?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It could take longer than 2 weeks but if your concerned please follow up with your dr.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Swelling

Coolsculpting is a great procedure for reducing isolated bulges.  I have not had many patients complain of swelling for more than a week after the procedure.  Since you had so many areas done I would suggest you return to your treating physician for examination.

Swelling after CoolSculpting

Mild swelling following CoolSculpting procedures is a normal process and usually subsides within two weeks following the procedure.  It is recommended that you use a compression garment, drink the recommended amount of water and continue exercising as this will help with the discomfort you may be experiencing from the swelling.  Should the symptoms continue you should consult with the provider that performed the procedure and possible be re-evaluated. 

Swelling after Cooslculpting

There can be some inflammation and swelling after Coolsculpting.  I recommend doing things to speed up your metabolism and flush your system like taking walks and lots of fluids.  This will pass and you will love your results!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I had 8 CoolSculpting treatments 2 weeks ago and still have swelling.

Thank you for your question. You may want to consider visiting the clinic where you have received treatment to be assessed.

Have a wonderful day,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling after Coolsculpting

I usually see only a mild degree of swelling after a Coolsculpting procedure.  However, you had multiple treatments in a session, so I would expect more.  I would recommend wearing compression in the areas treated and visit with your provider to reassess if you have an abnormal amount of swelling.

Prolonged Swelling After CoolSculpting

Some degree of swelling is to be expected after CoolSculpting. This usually gets better after a couple of weeks. In rare, severe cases it can last up to 4 weeks. If there is any concern you should schedule a follow up appointment with your provider to be evaluated in person. Best of luck to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Swelling 2 weeks after CoolSculpting

It is not unusual to develop some mild swelling after a CoolSculpting treatment, but normally this does not last for more than a few days.  Since your swelling is still present 2 weeks after the procedure, I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you.  He or she may want you to come in to be evaluated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and CoolSculpting

Swelling following CoolSculpting is VERY common.   The swelling is generally thought to be part of the inflammatory response.  It does improve.   For some patients, the swelling may persist for up to 4 weeks before beginning to subside.  Compression garments may help speed up the process.   Best of luck on your continued recovery.

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon