I had 8 CoolSculpting treatments 4 weeks ago on my stomach and flanks. I'm still a little numb. Is this normal?

Numbness

It is important to be patient with the numbness. I was numb for 3-4 weeks. I have never had a patient with permanent numbness.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The numbness is variable but can last longer than 4 weeks
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Numbness after Coolsculpting

Numbness  after Coolsculpting is absolutely normal. Although the majority of patients refere a complete resolution after 4-6 weeks, it can take up to 3 months or longer in a small percentage. As a general rule if the numbness improves even slowly, it's only a matter of time. 

Luca Russo, MD, MSc
London Plastic Surgeon

The numbness is normal after a CoolSculpting treatment.  This will usually persist for 3 - 6 months before gradually abating.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Numbness following CoolSculpting

Yes, numbness following CoolSculpting treatment is normal, especially when having multiple areas done at once. This numbness can take up to 6 weeks to fully resolve. 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Numbness following CoolSculpting

Numbness following CoolSculpting can last 4-6 weeks.  If the numbness lasts longer than 6 weeks, I would return to your CoolSculpting physician for evaluation.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Numbness following CoolSculpting treatment

Numbness is normal following CoolSculpting and can last 4-6 weeks.  Your sensation should return to normal with time.  I would suggest following up with your provider for further evaluation if you still have concerns.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Numbness and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a great procedure especially for that areas that you described.  One of the side effects that can happen is localized numbness that resolves after a few weeks.  It can sometimes take up to a month or so in some patients.  If you are concerned you should return to your treating physician for examination.

Michele S. Green, MD

Numbness After CoolSculpting

Hi Sarah. The numbness after CoolSculpting treatments is a very common occurrence. This usually takes 2 weeks to fully resolve, but in some cases can last as long as 4-6 weeks. Each day it should get a little better. If the numbness persists beyond 6 weeks, then you should return to see your treatment provider for an evaluation. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Numbness after CoolSculpting

Numbness after CoolSculpting treatment can last up to 4-6 weeks. It should gradually improve with time.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon