After swelling subsides?

Will my nipples get smaller and my breast shrink after swelling subsides? Only 3 days post op currently.

Post-op swelling

Hi thank you for your question, the swelling usually lasts for 6 weeks. So if you are only 3 days post op, you still have a swelling and it will subside over time.

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

After swelling subsides?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well… I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs! The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Swelling post-op

Three days post breast augmentation is when swelling and soreness is at it's worst. There are no photos posted to examine. But I can promise you that in a couple weeks swelling will have gone down, and in a couple weeks after that your breast may have dropped and filled in the pocket. By 6-12 weeks post-op you should be seeing close to your final results. You are still early in the healing process but should have an eased mind because swelling is normal and will fade soon. If any problems arise be sure to contact your plastic surgeon as soon as possible. Best wishes.

Traci Temmen, MD

Yes, your areola may get a bit smaller and the overall volume of the breasts may shrink a bit as the swelling subsides.

Size Post Op

Many patients feel that the breasts seem to shrink post op as swelling resolves. Typically this is noted in the upper portion where implants and pectoral muscles create a lot of temporary upper chest volume. The drop & fluff process will take between 2-6 months so try to wait at least a few more months before you evaluate size and shape.
All the best

After swelling subsides?

In short, yes.  You are very early in your healing period.  You can expect many changes to occur as you progress.  Make sure you keep in touch with your surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD