7 days post Botox of my forehead (looks ok so far) I cannot seem to stop tightening my scalp which pulls it forward. Why?

22 units in forehead. My 5th tx in 3 yrs. I noticed after 4th treatment my tension headaches were gone! I mostly got this tx because they're back. My forehead is smooth. My brows lift very little. For days I've been wondering y my head feels scrunched yet my face is smooth. I realized while wearing ear buds, its my scalp/ears pulling forward. I can't seem 2 make it stop. I'm reading, ignoring it. Went shopping 4 distraction from thinking of it. Why in the world is my scalp pulling forward?

Botox and Forehead Muscles

It would be helpful if you could post photos for evaluation since this is a good amount of Botox and could cause this pulling.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox For Forehead Muscles

I suggest posting photos, 22 units is a lot for a frohead and would often give a frozen look.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your scalp tension.  22 Units is a fair amount of Botox into the forehead and should lead to a fairly flat and smoother appearance.  At only 7 days I would allow the full results to mature over the next week and then assess if any further muscle activation is taking place.  If only part of the forehead was paralyzed you may require additional botox into the hairline or other areas to limit any residual movement.  Hope this helps.

Forehead injection and scalp movement

Most likely the scalp is compensating--the upper forehead is able to move and the lower is not so some injection done at the scalp line should help this

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox in forehead

Since you brows don't move upward much, I suspect the Botox was probably placed relatively low in the forehead.  Now the lower forehead is weak, but the upper forehead around the hairline is still active.  A bit more botox around the hairline would correct this. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Remember that Botox takes 14 days to settle completely. Allow for another week to pass and if at that time you still have concerns, schedule a follow up with your injector. 

Marina

Martin Jugenburg, MD