I had upper bleph done 3 weeks ago, but one eye keeps swelling and is still sore compared to the other is this normal? (photo)

one eye still swelling , can i use anything to help with the redness

Eyelid swelling

Surgical healing can be very complex after eyelid surgery.

I would consider this to be a variant of normal and would not do anything. Consult your surgeon. Patience is your friend. Give it another month.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

One eye still swollen three weeks after upper lid blepharoplasty

I think that you are healing within the "normal" realm.  Frequently there is more swelling on one side than the other.  This can be caused by deeper bruising that isn't visible on the surface and more often from sleeping more on one side with the face down.  Some people develop more redness than others.  In general anything you put on the skin in this area can lead to further inflammation and worsening of the problem.  I would recommend staying the course but a visit to your surgeon may be helpful.  You should start to see some improvement over the next week or so but it can take up to 3 months. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Postoperative swelling and redness 3 weeks after blepharoplasty

Some swelling and redness may linger, however, a postoperative visit to your surgeon would clarify what is going on with your healing. Swelling may result from many factors - sleeping position, dietary salt/ fluids, general health, intervening infection, allergic reaction to topicals, etc. Redness in the incision line may persist for many weeks and is a part of the healing process. Redness on the platform of the lid - the pretarsal area - may be residual bruising or transparency of the thin skin. The vessels beneath may give the skin a red or pink hue compared to the thicker, whiter skin above the crease. Skin problems such as rosacea may also cause redness of the eyelid margins. Your surgeon should be able to give you the answers you need. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please see your surgeon for this or see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.

While this does not look like an infection, it certainly looks like the eyelids are still inflamed and swollen.  This can be associated with discomfort including eye irritation from dryness.  This symptoms can be medically managed.  You are still healing but there are measures can help but only if you discuss the issue with your surgeon.  If they are not helpful, consider getting a second opinion.