Shorter treatment and other treatments afterwards

Can I separate 1 treatment on 2 areas, each area treated 30min or less? And can I have other treatment (LPG, massage etc) on the same area or other parts and how long after the cryolipolysis?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
coolsculpting is a 60 min procedure

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

One CoolSculpting treatment consists of a full 60 minutes, you cannot split the treatment in half. There is no contraindication for massage post treatment. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

In short, no.

I would stick with the protocol that the company has studied to achieve optimal results.  You want to get the results that you are paying for.  If you are going to do it, do it right.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Treatment time is one hour

To get optimal results with Coolsculpting, the treatment time is one hour per area. If treatment time is shortened, you will surely not get the best result. A short (2 minute) massage immediately following the treatment is performed by the technician.  As tenderness is quite standard following the Coolsculpting procedure, further massage would probably not be comfortable but once the tenderness subsides, massage is not contraindicated. I hope that this answer is helpful. 

Treatment Time

Thank you for your question. Shortening your treatment time may compromise efficacy. Follow the plan iof your provider. Trying to reinvent the therapy may give you less or no result, and not give you the value you deserve. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately not

The treatment works using 1 hour cycles. If you were to only leave it on for 30 minutes you would need to use 2 cycles instead of one to get one full treatment not only would this double the cost of the procedure for you but the results would not be sufficient as the technology was designed around the one hour treatment duration.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting and Time required

Coolsculpting requires one hour per cycle to treat a given area.  The outer thigh area requires a two hour cycle.  If you cut short the treated area you will not effectively treat the area.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting.

CoolSculpting treatment requires one hour per cycle

Treatment time for CoolSculpting is 50 minutes per cycle.  This duration of treatment is needed to achieve full efficacy.  Shortening treatment time will reduce the degree of result.  Some physicians offer DualSculpting with two machines and this can shorten total treatment time by treating multiple areas in one session.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

One hour for CoolSculpting Treatment

A CoolSculpting treatment is designed to be one hour.  For the suction applicators, the company has determined 50 minutes to be the time required for a full treatment.   If the treatment time is decreased, the treatment will not be effective.  Gentle massage for 2 minutes after treatment is recommended by the company to maximize results.  Make sure the provider you are choosing uses the actual Zeltiq branded device, as these devices default to the proper treatment times for each applicator.  Our office has two devices - This allows two areas to be treated at the same time, minimizing the time required to sit for treatment.  Best of luck!

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Optimum treatment time for Coolsculpting

Typically for full cryolipolysis to occur each treatment area should be treated for 1 hour. Gentle massage should be just fine after a treatment, however I would stay away from LPG or other non-invasive fat reduction procedures to avoid confusion of your results. Thanks for the question!

Sarath K. Palakodeti, DO
Toledo General Surgeon