I strongly feel like I have tubular breasts! How will I know for definite and can it be treated?

As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Do I have tubular breasts?

Tubular breasts have several physical features that distinguish them from a normal breast. The under breast fold is higher than usual; the areolar diameter may be enlarged relative to the diameter of the breast; the breast gland is constricted and may appear to "protrude" through the breast skin. There are many approaches to the surgical correction of tubular breast, with and without breast implants. These include releasing the inner constricting bands, making the areolar diameter smaller and enhancing the breast volume with implants. Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience treating your type of breast disorder.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Tuberous breasts are defined by a high breast fold, constriction of the lower pole breast tissue, and herniation of the breast tissue through a widened areola.  The diagnosis is best determined by examination from a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are definitely reconstructive techniques available to correct tuberous breasts that are very successful.  In general, this involves a combination of implant placement, releasing constricting bands of the lower breast tissue, and reducing the size of the areola.  Good luck.

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. best of luck! Dr. Jaime S. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tuberous breast treatment

Treatment of tuberous breasts varies depending on the degree of the breast architectural distortion. Surgical correction typically involves: -areolar reduction -submuscular augmentation -release of constricted breast tissue All of these techniques work in concert to correct the tuberous deformation of the breast.  Without photos, it is difficult to determine whether you definitively have a tuberous breast. Typically patients will have a high fold with tightness or constriction of the lower pole with some degree of glandular herniation through this ring. As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Do I need surgery for tubular breasts?

The diagnosis of tubular breasts is best made your Plastic Surgeon doing a hands on exam. If the diagnosis is made a combination procedure circumaereolar mastopexy, and breast augmentation would be necessary.

Tubular breast correction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.

Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.
Send your photos to give you more advices.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tubular breasts

You will need an in-office examination by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the condition of your breasts. 

Tubular breasts

I can not tell you because there are o photos. If you want to be evaluated, then you should see a plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Tubular breasts

Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine if you have tubular breasts and the best treatment approach. Release of the lower breasts with radial striations and a dual plane breast implant often useful 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS