Am I able to make a smaller version of my nose via rhinoplasty? (photos)

I really like my nose except for how long it is. I don't want to change anything except bring the tip in closer to my profile. I have consultations set up to talk about next steps but they are weeks away and I'm anxious! I haven't been able to find any picture with similar noses on the Internet for reference, mostly noses with bumps. From the looks of my nose, will I be able to keep the aesthetic of my nose but reduce my profile? What would you do? Thanks!

Tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip de-projection.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had tip de-projection surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Make smaller

Yes,  careful surgery can make you nose smaller.  Your tip is large and can be made smaller.  Take a look at the attached link. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I able to make a smaller version of my nose via rhinoplasty?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, Nasal tip, wide nostrils or a hump on your nose and you are not happy with this situation then you can be a good candidate for simple rhinoplasty operation. Simple rhinoplasty is very simple, fast and safe operation.

Preparation :

Rhinoplasty operation is performed under sedation anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 15-30 minutes. You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish reducing the overall size of the nose which would include shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line, refining the nasal tip, and decreasing the overall projection of the nose.  For more information and many before and after results, please see the video and the link below

Consult

I think that the most critical thing for you to do is to go for a consultation in person. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Rhinoplasty

Agreed, it is key in understanding  goals with what is achievable in rhinoplasty.. ultimately it is still the patient's nose but with  refinements in different areas, and also important to have one area be proportional to other areas.. best of luck

Rhinoplasty consultation

The best way to approach a rhinoplasty consultation is to have an honest and frank conversation with your surgeon. One of the keys to a successful rhinoplasty is an understanding by both surgeon and patient of what goals and expectations are realistic. Have your questions ready at the visit, but make sure to establish an avenue to ask additional questions after the visit. Keep an open mind and remember, this process is a team effort!Good luck!Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Smaller Version of Your Existing Nose

The idea behind a rhinoplasty is to create a more refined, aesthetic version of the nose your already have.  During your consultations, you should see a simulation that provides you with a rough version of what to expect after surgery.  This ensures that you and the surgeon you choose have the same "vision" with regards to postoperative goals.