Revision for bottomed out implants; best post op bra for support? (Photos)

I'm 4 days post op Had pocket revision to fix severely bottomed out implants He did 3 rows Of internal sutures deep into the rib (think that's how he said it Switched out 300cc saline unders for 235 silicone Saw PS today & he stressed how I need a good support post op bra. PS had no specific recommendations for bra Could you give me one? Does the 1 in pic look supportive? They are tacked up so high & are so small I can't tell if they are getting proper support. Im scared the sutures won't hold

Post-operative bra after repair of bottomed out implants

Thank you for asking about your bra after your implant revision.

• Your bra looks fine in the photo.
  • The best guide is you - do you feel the bra is supporting your breasts?
  • If without it, you ache a bit and with it on, you feel more comfortable, it is supporting you.
  • That said - the surgical repair is the key and it should hold. All the bra is doing is keeping a supportive pressure on the sutures.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Revision for bottomed out implants; best post op bra for support?

Congratulations on having undergone the revisionary breast  operation.  Generally, I think that this type of revisionary breast surgery (capsulorraphy)  has a very high success rate, when performed by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. I also think that careful attention to postoperative dressings, bras, and restriction of certain activities can be very helpful when it comes to maximizing successful outcomes.

Having said that, there is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. 

In my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place. This surgical bra, although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin.   

Generally, the longer I have been in practice, the more I appreciate the long term use of supportive bras after all types of breast surgery. This additional support may be especially helpful when patients are lying down and/or engaged in strenuous exercise. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.