Sun damage to hair transplant

Iv recently asked a question on my sun damage to my 8 months post op.. hair transplant... after blistering all my scalp on holiday... the transplant has thinned off quite a lot ..I'm so worried it may be perminent... but iv carried on using gel and a bit of hairspray to try and style the thinned off hair. .. I use minoxidil too .. but find it makes the hair a bit sticky Could the hair gel and spray block the pores.. preventing the hair to recover..... it's making me very ill with stress

It is best to contact your doctor if you believe you damaged your scalp and or hair follicles. The Internet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is best to contact your doctor if you believe you damaged your scalp and or hair follicles.  The Internet is not a good place for obtaining treatment options.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sun burn with hair transplant

A sun burn should not cause thinning of the transplanted hair. I would have to see your before and after pictures to make further judgments. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon