What treatment can be used for smile lines? (Photo)

Treatment For Smile Lines

I would recommend Voluma to the mid-face with Juvederm Ultra Plus to your nasolabial folds or "smile lines". Juvederm stimulates collagen in the skin and overtime, with repeat treatments, you will need less product and/or be able to space treatments further apart due to the increase in collagen production. The combination of the two provide somewhat of a non-surgical lift and I use them together often.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Smile Lines

The best treatment for smile lines would be a combination of fillers in the mid-face area to lift the cheeks away from the nasolabial area and a small amount in the nasolabial area.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Smile Lines Treatment

Dear vanessar82:

Looking at your photo, I would recommend filling of you cheeks with Voluma which should lift and soften up your smile lines.  I normally see my patients 2-4 weeks after filling to assess if treatment goals have been met and if not fully, then filling of the remaining smile lines with a filler like Juvederm Volift.  Hope this information helps.  Best wishes.

Smile lines

Good morning and thanks for your question.  One of the hyaluronic acid fillers would be a good choice for you.  By placing Voluma in your cheeks, we can create a lift effect and minimize your nasolabial folds (the smile lines).  Other fillers can then be used in the lines themselves afterward, to fine-tune it a bit.

If you wanted something without an injection, you could do something with radiofrequency on your skin.  We have found that the Pelleve can help with building collagen and improve these lines in many cases.  This is a nice option since there are no needles, is essentially painless, and is extremely safe.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful weekend!   Dr. L

Lines between your nose

Hi Vanessa, I believe you are talking about the lines between your nose and mouth. I would evaluate your whole face. As you have lost cheek volume and you would need to restore it with filler. I would explain this by saying filler in your cheeks will lift your face and change the sagging that you are experiencing that is giving you lines between your nose and mouth. I would probably recommend Voluma as it lasts 18 months. Good luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Filling smile lines

Hi,

From your photo, I would use a hyaluronic acid filler to soften the fine lines and I think that you would be best suited to also use Radiesse in your cheeks to help lift the midface and minimize the smile lines for a longer lasting effect.

What treatment can be used for smile lines?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. In particular, I think you would benefit from a small amount of Voluma in your cheeks. Voluma is a thicker HA filler that is meant to be placed deep so as to provide structure and lift. Once the Voluma is in place, you may also decide to have some filler placed in your tear troughs, so as to produce a more rested look. I tend to favor Restylane in this area, as it attracts less water than some other fillers, yet it is hearty enough to provide lasting results. You also may benefit from some filler placed around the mouth, but these lines may soften to your liking with the Voluma alone. You may also like some Botox to soften your forehead lines. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Smile lines

It looks like you could benefit from fillers. My preference is to use hyaluronic acid fillers for this area.  Best of luck.

Smile Lines Treatment--Fillers/Radiesse, Juvederm Voluma, Sculptra

I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist who is an expert in fillers.  All can work well for you, but Voluma or Radiesse and Sculptra treatments for collagen building would do amazing for giving you an initial result and lifting and shaping over time. Best, Dr. Emer.

Improving smile lines

Any of the FDA approved fillers will fill your smile lines well. Botox is not appropriate for that area. I prefer to use cannulas so the bruising and discomfort is less.

Steven F. Weiner, MD