Do I need a second tummy tuck? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck on october 27th. I know that it is not long but I am absolutely not happy with it. when I bend over the skin on my belly is still hanging and I can grap it. there is still loose skin unter the breasts and the surgeon left too much skin on my hips. a correction surgery is needed but my question is if I could ask for a fleur de lis tt (my surgeon first thought it wouldnt be needed) or if I can tighten the belly skin without surgery and only only correct the sides and the incision

Revision Tummy Tuck

In aesthetic plastic surgery, nothing we do you "need".  It is completely up to you.  If you are unhappy with your result, then you will want to talk with your surgeon about a revision.

You have significant stretch marks, and I cannot tell if you have lost a lot of weight, but one of the questions to consider when looking at your tummy and hips, is how much extends on to the back.  You may want to have a circumferential body lift to shape the sides and back, and even give the sides of your thighs and buttocks a little more lift.

Regarding your tummy, yes, you do appear to be a candidate for a fleur de lis abdominoplasty.  I wouldn't do any procedures before the 6 months postop mark to allow for adequate healing.  Be sure that whichever surgeon you ultimately choose is experienced in body contouring (and in this case, revision body contouring).  Best of luck!

Second Tummy Tuck Needed

Thank you for your pictures.  You will need a revision due the large amount of remaining excess skin.  I would recommend that you wait an entire year before proceeding.  Yes, a Fleur-De-Lis tummy tuck would be the most appropriate approach.  Best wishes

Do I need a second tummy tuck? (Photo)

Thank you for your question. I recommend a #TT #revision if it is still needed by your 6-12 month recovery time. There is still swelling that will take about a year to see final results. It is likely you will benefit from a fleur de lis revision surgery if you are still unhappy with your results. Best wishes!

Tummy tuck revision

Whether or not you "need" a second tummy tuck can really only be answered by you. I would first suggest that you wait until you are 6 months post op before seeking a tummy tuck revision consultation either with your original surgeon or you may want to get a second opinion from another surgeon who specialize in tummy tuck revisions. So sorry that you are unhappy with your results. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tummy tuck revision in Los Angeles

It looks like you have a lot of loose skin throughout and some swelling resulting from the surgery. I would massage the area, apply Plato's Scar Serum to the scar, and then wait until the swelling goes down before you commit to a tummy tuck revision. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Do I need a second tummy tuck?

Whether you need a second tummy tuck or not depends on how (un)happy you are with your result.
Based on your result, you seem to have a good overall contour.
In regards to your mons and excess skin, please allow at least 6 months to see the final result.  If you are still unhappy with you outcome at 6 months, you can talk with your plastic surgeon to learn about your options.
Best regards.