Juvederm injected in my nose, what are my options to reversing it? What are the side effect of having it dissolved?

I had fillers into my nose tip to give it a slight lift & point. I have had it done before using a diff filler and I was happy with the results.I went to a diff practitioner, used juvederm 3 My nose looked good initially however the day after my nasal tip looked bulbus&lacked contour I understand that this could be swelling so I waiting a week and my nose is still bulbous What are my options to reversing the filler? what are the side effects of having it dissolved? Will it work straight away?

Dissolving Juvederm

Juvederm can be dissolved by injection of hyaluronidase (e.g., Vitrase®) in the area where the Juvederm was injected. The results of Vitrase injection are evident within a day, with minimal potential side effects of swelling, redness, itching or discomfort. You can still be left with irregularity or bumpiness or an undesirable cosmetic appearance even after attempting to dissolve the Juvederm.

Portland Physician

Dissolving Juvederm in the Nose

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your filler. This can easily be dissolved with hyaluronidase. You should see the filler disappear within 1-2 days. Some swelling can occur, especially in the nose. This will resolve shortly. I hope this information has helped you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Reversing Juvederm in Nasal Tip

Thank you for you question. Juvederm can be dissolved by injection of hyaluronidase in the area where the Juvederm was injected.  Nasal tip injections require a skilled injector. The result should be noticeable within a few hours or a day.  The side effects are that if it is overdone it might dissolve the skin tissue. If you have any questions I will recommend for you to follow up with your physician to discuss your options.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler

The filler can be reversed by injecting hyaluronidaise.  You should see a difference within a day or so.  This should be done by an experienced injector.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Thanks for your query. The good part of Juvederm is that it can be reversed completely with simple injection of hyaluronidase. You can visit your injector and get the extra filler reversed. The only side effect is that if it is overdone it might dissolve the skin tissue as well so has to be done by a proper and experienced doctor. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

There is no harm in having the Juvederm removed with injections of hyaluronidase to the injection site. The result should be noticeable within a few hours or a day. Nasal tip injections require a skilled injector. Be sure to see a board certified physician when you are ready to try the filler again. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Filler

Thank you for your question.  I’m sorry that you did not have a good experience with your last Juvederm injection.  Due to the fact that Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid, an injection with an enzyme called hyaluronidase will dissolve Juvderm and reverse the effects of the filler.  While you may experience minimal discomfort during the actual injection of hyaluronidase, there are typically few to no negative side effects with dissolving filler.  It has been my experience that this procedure is patient specific and it may take more than one treatment with hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler injected.  Be sure to consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has extensive training and experience injecting both filler and hyaluronidase for best results.

Kristine Romine, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Reversing Non Surgical Nose Job

Hi and thanks for your question. Reversing Juvederm 3 is actually quite easily done with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. It dissolves the filler, but does no harm to your tissues. If you are a week out from the procedure, I would wait another week and if the tip is still too rounded, go ahead and try to dissolve part of it. Juvederm 3 is not a great filler for this procedure. I would suggest a more robust one like Voluma and you have to make sure that your injector is very experienced in the procedure to ensure that you get the best results. Defining the tip, in particular, is tricky but looks great when done right. Hope that helps.

Alexander Rivkin, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Reversing nasal Juvederm

this can be done using hyaluronidase. It might take more than one session. It usually works within the first 24 hours, sometimes within minutes. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Dissolving the JVD involves placement of another medication called hyaluronidase.  This will dissolve the filler material within a few hours, leaving you with your previous appearance.  There is little to no side effect of the dissolving medication.  Hope this helps.