I can't have a blepharaplasty due to dry eyes. Would laser resurfacing help rejuvenate my eyes?

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. Pictures are very helpful for us on this site and would allow us to generate the most detailed response possible. That said, both chemical and laser resurfacing can rejuvenate the area around the eyes by reducing and removing superficial and deep facial wrinkles.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser, dry eyes and rejuvenation.

A face to face examination is needed for this one. Before any laser procedure around the eye we always examine for ectropion or one of the causes of dry eye. If you have a laser procedure that stimulates a lot of collagen - for example CO2 around the bottom eye lid, this may worsen the ectropion , and downward pull of your lids, making dry eyes worse. We assess by pulling your skin down and asking you to look up. Having said that, a mixture of lasers can be safe, eg. Clear+Brilliant for lower lids, or conservative 1927 Fraxel or even Picosure Focus, for lower lids, and fractional Co2 For upper lids. Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can also rejuvenate eyes. All these safe options are possible, but an examination by a Specialist is your very first step. All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Can a patient with dry eyes have blepharoplasty or laser skin resurfacing?

Thank you for asking your question. Without evaluating you in person, it is impossible to give advice to you for your specific issues. In general, conservative blepharoplasty can be performed by an eyelid specialist without effecting the dry eyes. Laser skin resurfacing can make the skin look better, but will not truly tighten the skin around the eyes and certainly will not get rid of fat beneath the skin. See an Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and guidance.
Good luck,

Eye rejuvenation

Certainly it is hard to give advice without seeing a picture of your eyes (and of course better yet would be to see you in person). However, I can say that laser resurfacing overall can be very useful in rejuvenating the are around the eyes by tightening the skin. Obviously, if your skin is tighter and smoother your eyes will have a more youthful appearance. This is of course simplified and a thorough examination would help make the final decision. 

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon