Can a brow lift be performed at the same time as a phenol peel?

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face would help evaluate the eyebrow position.  If the eyebrows are significantly low, compared to the desired aesthetic position, an open (Coronal Brow Lift) remains the "gold standard" by which all other brow lifting techniques are measured.  The issue with an endoscopic brow lift is that it requires some method of tissues suspension (hooks, screws, sutures or threads) and while one point of fixation can be achieved using the bone of the skull, the brow tissues are much softer allowing any suspension technique to ultimately pull through which will release the lifting effects.  The Coronal Brow Lift, on the other hand, trims excess, loose scalp created by the lifting process which holds the brows in the elevated, lifted position.  The Coronal Brow Lift can be modified to allow placement of the mid forehead first (eliminates the raised forehead), followed by individual adjustments to the level of each portion (inner and outer) of each eyebrow.  
The Brow Lift would require a pressure type dressing be applied to the forehead which could not be done if the face and forehead were peeled or lasered at the same time.  I performed many Phenol peels years ago but they can be cardio and renal toxic.  With the advent of less dangerous skin resurfacing techniques (lasers), there's no need for phenol peels in my humble opinion.
Hope this helps.

BrowLift with Phenol Peel

Dear nursejk612, The type of browlift procedure you are having performed would dictate whether a phenol peel would be acceptable at the same time. With advanced laser techniques and other available resurfacing procedures phenol peels are not as popular as they were years ago. Seek consultation with an expert surgeon and discuss your available options. The video above is an example of a patient undergoing an endoscopic browlift with laser skin resurfacing and the link below has examples of many before and after endoscopic browlift results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Brow lift and chemical peel

Thanks for your question. Yes, I think those could be safely performed at the same time, depending a bit on the type of brow lift you have. A common brow lift surgery these days involves a "temporal brow lift," or a small incision near the hair line with the goal of lifting only the tail (outer) part of the eyebrow. A chemical peel could easily be done in combo with that procedure. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Yes, If the procedure is done deep to the muscle or even next to the bone, you should be fine. I would not do a subcutaneous brow lift and a peel at the same time. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon