Lumps and Bumps After Revision Vaser Lipo?

I am a 51 year old male, and had Vaser Liposuction done 6 months ago to my stomach, "love handles", back, and "moobs". I wore a compression garment constantly for a week, & when I took it off, everything looked fantastic :-) my pleasure however was short lived in that about 10 days afterwards I started developing "ropes" & creases that wouldn't go away, resulting in a revision two weeks ago, (where an additional litre of fat was removed), to which I now have a repeat performance of "ropes" Help!

Lumps and Bumps 6 Months After Revision Vaser Lipo

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The #lumps may be diminish with time and self-massage may help. If not, your doctor can provide suggestions for this concern. In-office medi-spa treatments may be an option. But, it's best to be patient in the meantime.

Massage may certainly improve any lumps you can experience fin the treatment areas following #liposuction. If deemed beneficial, your doctor will recommend at your post-op follow-up appointments that you self-massage the surgical areas. As for at-home do-it-yourself methods, you should acquire your doctor's #permission before attempting such. It's also important any method to improve post-op lumps are attempted at a reasonable stage during your #healing.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. If you are not satisfied with the results at  this point in time, it's best to discuss such with your doctor. Typically, it's best to wait 6  to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision. It's best that your plastic surgeon is highly-experienced with both #Vaser #liposuction and liposuction revisions. With any surgical #procedure and #revision, there are some risks of unhappy outcome or other complications which your surgeon should discuss with you during your consultation. Your surgeon can recommend the best solutions for you based on your current result.

Hello

In our practice after liposuction about 3 weeks later we recommend that you start getting deep tissue message to help breaks down the scar tissue that Vaser lipo tends to build. Make sure you follow up with your PS to see what his care is.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Post-lipo irregularity

In my experience all liposuction, especially LASER and VASER assisted, cause seroma formation and require intensive post-lipo care with drainage massages to ensure even and predictable recovery and skin contraction. The compression garment is only a small part of the post-op process and in fact it may contribute to the formation of "ropes" if not accompanied by intensive post-lipo care.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon