Lumps After Juv., How to Fix and Choose a New Provider? PS Vs. Derm? (photo)

I'm 10 and 5 wks post Juv. Lumps remain upper lip, sides of lip, a rope across mid chin area, 3 lumps felt in mouth at lip/mouth line. Told PS after 1st inject., said he didn't see anything, didn't feel for it either. He's a highly respected PS in our region, did great job on my facelift. Now I don't know how to choose another doc to fix it/redo. If he's tops in his field and this went badly, how do I trust another? Also don't know whether to switch to a dermotologist.

Doctor Answers 2

Lumps After Juv., How to Fix

I suggest going back to see your medical provider to fix this issue, theres an enzyme called hyaluronidase that could be injected to dissolve this product. As far as future treatments, seek a reputable certified advanced injector who has high patient volume and can show you photos to get an idea of the results they can achieve. 

Best regards 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

How to choose your injecting physician

Because filler injections are an art as much as it is a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of your physician injector, not their specialty, is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.