Lump from Cool Sculpting? (photo)

Hi, I am slim build but had lower ab fat. Had 1 CoolSculpting and saw results 7-9 months later. While I am happy with a flatter belly, I was left with a lump on the right side of my belly button the size of half a golf ball. I thought a 2nd treatment would help. They concentrated on that side. 6 months later no change. It absolutely was not there before, and it is definitely noticeable. I actually feel self conscious in a bikini now, when I never had before.Any advice on how I can get rid?

Lumps after Coolsculpting

The lump might be scar tissue or even a lipoma.  Check with your plastic surgeon to make sure it's not one of these.  Either way, a little standard liposuction might do the trick to smooth out the area.

Problems with Zeltiq

Thank you for providing a photograph of the CoolSculpting treated abdomen but a doctor would have to examine a patient in person to visualize and manually inspect an area to determine what is the cause of any irregularity post Zeltiq CoolSculpting. A doctor would try to determine what type of tissue is creating the bulge, such as redundant skin or fat or muscle. Is it a preexisting hernia that is more noticable now from having had fat reduction.Is it a lipoma or hematoma or seroma? I have not seen lumps after CoolSculpting yet.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps after Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question and the photo. It is difficult to give you advice without examining you in person. However, the lump you are experiencing might be scar tissue or even a lipoma. I recommend having a consultation with an expert to have this evaluated and treated. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician