I hope to remove my face age spots. I am 35 years old. Which way to do that is the best?

Age Spots Treatment

Thank you for your question in regards to age spots. There are several different treatments to help improve the appearance of age spots, such as:
  • IPL | BBL
  • Halo
  • Photofacial
  • Chemical Peels
  • Microneedling
  • Hydroquinon
It is important to have a skin care regimen with a daily sunscreen to help protect future age spots from appearing. To be sure what is best for you and your skint type, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Age spots - don't let them get you down.

Age spots can be troubling, especially when they appear in the younger years. Some ethnicities tend to favor the appearance of age spots earlier than wrinkles, and others have the opposite pattern. Regardless, the best treatments for age spots are photofacial / pulsed light optimized to target the pigmentation in the skin above background levels. This alone can be very effective, and can be combined also with serums and creams containing hydroquinone or arbutin or other natural "bleaching agents" (which makes them sound more aggressive than they really are). Be careful about any pigmented spots on the face that are irregular appearing, and see a qualified practitioner to evaluate them first if there is any concern. Not all IPL technology is the same, but even more important is the practitioner's skill level. Best of luck!

Roee Rubinstein, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Options for "age spots" depends on your skin type

For all skin types, topical treatments, including hydroquinone, vitamin C, and retinoids can be helpful.  Expect modest results over about 3 months.

Fotofacials (intense pulsed light) are very effective in lighter skin types.  Typically a series of at least three treatments is necessary.

Modalities that can be performed on all skin types include chemical peels and microchanneling.  I like to combine microchanneling with lightening agents, including hydroquinone. 

Age Spots

A proven way to treat facial brown spots is with Broad Band Light (BBL™) treatments.  BBL™ represents the most innovative technology in non-ablative photo rejuvenation therapy for the treatment of vascular and pigmented lesions (i.e. freckles, age spots). You will need a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine if your skin type would respond to the treatments.Generally, I recommend three initial treatments followed by yearly maintenance treatments.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brown spot removal

There is a couple different treatments you can do for this problem. The Sciton Profile BBL treatment works well in targeting melanin in the skin which causes the brown pigmentation.  Another great option is the Permea laser by Clear and Brilliant. They are both quick and easy procedures, I recommend doing either in a series of 3or4 4-6 weeks apart.

As always, wearing SPF45 or higher on a daily basis is very important.

#sunspots.     #brownspots.     #agespots.  

Age spots

Thank you for your question.  You would need a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon/ dermatologist to determine what is the best treatment for you.  Asian skin types can be tricky and traditional laser treatments that work for Caucasian skin types may not be appropriate for you.  In our practice, we have a lot of experience treating different Asian skin types and we find certain IPL and Picosure laser to be effective.  However, a thorough in person assessment is needed to determine what is the right treatment for you.  Good luck! 

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD

Removing age spots age 35

The very best way to remove age spots is to use Sciton's BBL therapy. The skin is treated in layers with specific wavelengths of light and the results have been tested over eight years to show that not only are brown spots removed but if you continue at least an annual follow up treatment the DNA in your skin becomes younger and hence the treatment has been called Forever Young BBL.
If the age spots are raised then we can use focused erbium reaurfacing to remove spots without whote marks in skin types I -2 or 3.
i have used many methods of IPL and BBL beats them all and is only found in the Rolls Royce of Lasers made by Sciton.

Sharon J. Littzi, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Age Spots

One way to improve the appearance of age spots is with BBL, more commonly known as IPL, as long as you are a possible candidate for it. You can only treat skin types I through IV (in some cases, very light V) with BBL.  The BroadBand Light will target vascular and pigmented lesions in the skin.  The spots will darken up and come to the surface a few days after treatment, and then they will flake off.  A series of at least three treatments should make a significant difference, and you can maintain these results with a few maintenance treatments every year following your series.  Hope this helps!

John W. Antonetti, MD

Age Spots

Thank you for your inquiry! 

If you are looking to achieve noticeable skin improvement, the ViPeel might be an option for you. A popular peel which contains a blend of synergistic peeling agents like TCA, salicylic acid, and retinoic acid. The ViPeel can include: reduce fine lines and wrinkles, minimize the appearance of enlarged pores, enhance skin tone, texture and clarity, treat unwanted freckles as well as treat acne and scarring from previous breakouts.  The ViPeel stimulates natural collagen and elastin production, giving you firmer skin. It is safe for all skin types. 

Consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss this or other treatment options that would be best for the goals you wish to achieve. 

Best wishes! 

Removal of age spots

Thank you for sharing your question. Erbium laser skin resurfacing is a great method for removing age spots while enhancing the skin's texture and elasticity. Wrinkle reduction and skin tightening will also be observed. Choose an experienced facial expert to assist you with your problem. Good luck.