My one eye lid is lower than other. How can I correct it?

Doctor Answers 3

Asymmetry of the eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are referring to upper eyelids, you may have ptosis. A consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon for a detailed eyelid and orbital examination would be best to determine your diagnosis and discuss options for repair. Best wishes.

Eyelid levels

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

it would have been easier to comment on this if there were some pics. You have not mentioned if it is the upper eyelid or the lower. An examination would be necessary. Kindly meet a board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion.

How to correct one eyelid being lower than the other?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An examination of you would be needed to determine what might be causing one of your eyelids to be lower than the other.  If it is the upper eyelid that is lower on one side, it is possible this could be ptosis, which normally can be repaired with surgery.  I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon or a facial plastic or plastic surgeon that is familiar with ptosis surgery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.