Treated flanks, outer thighs and abdomen- should they all feel the same after?

I had my flanks done (1.25) and outer thighs (1.2) and they both were sore immediately and for about a week after, with slight swelling. I had my abdomen done (1.25) and it was uncomfortable during my appointment but I feel zero pain or anything after my appointment today. Does that mean I will not see results?

SculpSure Treatment

Hi there, 

The degree of post SculpSure procedure soreness does not relate to the amount of fat reduction you will achieve. Some patients may experience temporary redness, tenderness, swelling and tissue firmness on the treatment sites. Some may feel nothing, it all depends on individual pain threshold levels. Tenderness, however, is not uncommon and may last up to two weeks for some people. Patients are encouraged to gently massage the area twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes and are able to use a cold compress and/or acetaminophen to help relieve any discomfort. 

Please wait about 3 months to see final results, you may repeat your treatments at 6 weeks to further enhance your results. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should all treated areas fell the same after SculptSure treatment?

It is common to experience different degrees of mild tenderness or discomfort after recieving Sculptsure. There, however, is not any known correlation between level of post treatment discomfort and ultimate results. Many patients experience this mild transient post treatment discomfort in one area but not other treated areas. 

Sculpsure and Results, When Do I see Them?

Sculpsure takes 3 months to see the results but most of my patients notice it in 2-4 weeks. There is no downtime, you will likely not get any reactions.  The number/energy doesn't matter during the treatment as long as you were a "2-3" out of 4 pain.  If there was too little pain the results will not be as good.  Please speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure Recovery Expectations

Great questions - thanks for your post!  I counsel my SculpSure patients to anticipate some "soreness" of the treated areas for up to several weeks after treatment.  Since, of course, my office staff and I all had to try it out as soon as we got our SculpSure, I can tell you, just based on our experience alone, that individual responses may vary.  Even different body parts on the same person can respond differently.  For example, I did my love handle (the left one only, to be exact, lol) and my lower abdomen.  My abdomen hurt, my love handle didn't, yet both have responded quite well to the treatment.  We will post our photos on our RealSelf profile later today, so you can see my one remaining love handle.  Your story sounds normal and lack of pain during recovery does NOT mean that you will not see a good result there.

Thank you for your question. Discomfort level after the procedure does not indicate the results you will get. Discomfort during the procedure helps us adjust the energy level to an optimum level for you in that area.  

Pain after has no bearing on Sculpsure end points

Everyone is different with their sensations during, and after the procedure. The treatment parameters you had are excellent, way above the 0.9 starting point. The abdomen can be uncomfortable during the treatment, and, as you pointed out, like most people you feel ZERO pain after. You may experience some tightness over the next week (like muscle strain), once again this is normal. 

As for your flanks and outer thighs, once again, great treatment level, and yes, some patients do feel a little more prolonged pain. Bottom line- regardless of the post procedure pain, the treatment will work. Give it time, and over the next 6-8 weeks you will see a gradual, but measurable difference. As other point out, you may benefit from 2 treatments in some areas, depending on your goals. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist.
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Different sensations

Fat is fat, but the tissue underneath is different and the post treatment movement and muscle contractions are different. You do not have to be in pain now to have good results. AND, some fat is more resistant and needs a second treatment to gain your approval on results. 

SculpSure feeling in different areas

Thank you for your question. The soreness for your treated SculpSure areas varies per person. Some areas may give you more soreness than others. It does not mean that is not working. Some patients might not even feel any soreness. Wait a few weeks to view your results and schedule a follow-up appointment if you have further questions.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

All areas feel different during and after SculpSure treatment

One of the most beneficial aspects of SculpSure is that any area of the body can be treated and some at the same time!  Each area feels different during and after the treatment session, this is normal.  Congrats on your treatment, you will not be disappointed.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Post treatment pain as a success variable after Sculpsure... No pain no gain?

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The level of energy is not a translation on the outcomes. the studies supported that 90% of success was obtained with either energy level. the fact that you have feeling changes is the testimony that the treatment did what is was supposed to do.

Wishing you the best in your journey