LBL-severe skin breakdown. What kind of surgery will be needed to repair this? Why does this happen? What did I do wrong?(photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Look for southwestwoundcare in Lubbock
LBL-severe skin breakdown. What kind of surgery will be needed to repair this? Why does this happen? What did I do wrong
Thank you for sending your question and photo. I am sorry you are experiencing open wounds after your lateral thigh lift. Continue close communication with your Surgeon for wound care recommendation. Follow his advise, and continue close follow up. You will need to be examined by your surgeon or a local wound care clinic weekly. Best wishes.
Major wound problem after lower body lift.
- I am very, very sorry this has happened to you. This is a large and serious wound.
- You need to be in the care of a surgeon and/or medical wound clinic.
- The most recent photo suggests the wound goes deeper than it looks and needs debridement.
- A wound vac will speed your healing -
- You also need nutritional support.
- Although you might get lucky with dressing changes alone, it is a difficult area to care for and will take another 3 months at least to heal without specialty care - or may not heal.
- Please have your regular doctor refer you to a wound clinic ideally run by a surgeon -
- Or go to your nearest emergency room for appropriate referral.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes