Kybella vs CoolMini? (photos)

Met with Doctor,PA, and assistants and was told I was good Kybella candidate ( over 65) and would require 1 - 3 treatments. Four treatments later of Kybella did not give results expected. 1 vial was used each treatment. I only had maybe 8 or 10 each treatment. Will the CoolMini have better results?

Kybella vs CoolMini?

Since every individual is different, different procedures may induce different results in different people. It is always a good idea to try as many different treatment modalities as possible to assess the best results for you. In addition, if you have loose skin, perhaps a skin tightening treatment with a radiofrequency laser may be a good option as well. 

Miami Dermatologist

Kybella

Thank you for your question. It can take up to two (2) to six (6) treatments of Kybella to reach your intended results. Kybella is clinically proven to be the most effective treatment for eliminating fat underneath the chin. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella versus Coolmini

There are now many ways to non-surgically tighten the neck and reduce the fat under the neck.  I use a combination of Thermage, Cool-mini, Botox, and Kybella in my practice. However, it appears from the photos that you have a great deal of excess skin which would require a surgical treatment.  Please consult an expert to evaluate the area.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Kybella vs CoolMini?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It is difficult to offer recommendations without having seen a photograph of you prior to starting Kybella treatment but based on your current appearance the only improvement would be through a neck lift to help tighten the underlying neck muscles and remove the excess skin present.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

When to have a neck lift instead of Kybella or Cool Mini

The pictures you show demonstrate a degree of skin laxity that would not be adequately addressed by noninvasive treatments or injections alone. A neck lift is clearly your best option. Cool Mini and Kybella reduce fat but any skin tightening is minimal especially in your age group.

Richard Baxter, MD

Chin fat and neck skin laxity are treated differently

Hi There-- in the studies of Kybella for chin fat, they found a mild skin tightening effect that was not well explained. It may simply be that without the fat, the skin is now stretched around the 2 sides of the triangle, rather than the hypotenuse. Even with that mild tightening, your pictures show very prominent skin laxity that would need to be treated. If you are looking to avoid surgery, then Infini would help-- but it would require many treatments and would still not get a complete result that a neck lift would provide.

The CoolMini would not help with the skin laxity at all, so in answer to your question-- no the CoolMini would not have given you better results.

Katherine Dee, MD
Seattle Physician

Kybella vs. Cool mini

Based on your photos it appears that skin laxity is the predominant problem. Just treating the fatty component can potentially increase this skin excess if you don't have good elasticity. A face/neck lift is going to give you the most dramatic change.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin not treated with Kybella

Based on your photo, you appear to have a lot of excess skin. This is not something that can be treated with either Kybella or CoolMini. The only solution is surgical. I would suggest that you book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Contouring the Neck and Chin with Neck Lift, VASER, ThermiRF

Due to your skin laxity, you look like a candidate for a neck lift, which could be combined with VASER/ThermiRF for skin tightening and contour. See an expert for a formal evaluation. 1 vial of kybella is a very small amount.  Best, Dr. Emer