Infection after dental implant getting intolerable. Any suggestions?

I had dental implants three weeks ago for "all on four" dentures. Have an out of control infection for the past 10 days. Took Clindamycin 150MG for ten days after surgery. For current infection, I am taking Amox/K Clav 500 MG. it helped at first. The hard lumps on the outside of my face on the jawline are basically gone. Now I have a huge, hard lump next to my ear and another hard lump in the temple area. The pain is awful with no relief with hot and/or cold. I really need help.

All-on-4 Dental Implants Infection

Thank you for your question regarding an infection post All-on-4. Infections after All-on-4 procedure are not common. This procedure is very successful with very few complications, although it can happen that you develop infections post surgery and if these infections are causing lumps outside of the face, you may need to seek the attention of a hospital and have IV antibiotics delivered. This can easily clear out the infections that are present and begin the healing process. Good luck!

Infection after dental implant placement

Antibiotics are routinely prescribed when dental implants are placed to prevent infection.
From what you're describing, it sounds like you have an active infection and should have it looked at as soon as possible.
Your dentist may have to remove the infected implant so that the site can heal properly.

I hope you found this information to be helpful,
Dr. Champagne

Dental Infection

150MG/daily seems too low to have a therapeutic effect, how many times daily were you taking? (Depends on your weight, age).

Clindamycin recommendations are: 150 to 300 mg every 6 hours. More severe infections - 300 to 450 mg every 6 hours.

Yogurt is recommended with treatment, as diarrhea is a common side effect.

As for the "hard lumps"---Spread of infection should be evaluated immediately by your oral surgeon. Drainage may be indicated.  If you have problems breathing or seeing go to the emergency room immediately. Infectious disease consult may be recommended if resolution not timely (May require IV antibiotics). 2nd opinion recommended... The lumps could be swollen lymph nodes, or actual drainage from primary site of infection. You may want to have your sinuses evaluated, foggy sinuses on an xray can indicate infection.

As with all information, you have to be evaluated by a local doctor, prior to any treatment.

Ace Jovanovski, DMD
Round Rock Prosthodontist

Dental implant infection.

you should have already gone back to your doctor. Were your implants placed by a surgeon? Follow-up is very important. If you do not feel that you are being cared for and followed properly, see an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon (OMFS). Only an OMFS specializes in infections of this type. Be sure that a surgeon performs your dental implant surgery.

Dr David Mueller

David P. Mueller, DDS
Virginia Beach Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Infection

I suggest you go back to the surgeon that did the procedure asap and have him evaluate 
otherwise get a second opinion to make sure you are ok 

Infection after implants

you need to see your surgeon Asap before this infection gets more systemic 

they might need to take out the implants. / get rid of the source of this infection 

sometimesca combination of stronger antibiotics works ...

consult with your surgeon and see how she/ he feels about 

Cipro  500 mg x 20. Bid 
Metronidazole 500 mg x30 Tid 

you need to take them together 

They will be very strong. So you will need to take probiotics  capsules and eat alot of yogurt with Probiotics 

also need to make sure you are not allergic to any of these meds. 

best wishes ....

Elly Tehrani, DMD, MSD
Toronto Periodontist