2 week post under eye injections. How long does it take for swelling to go down? (photo)

Post op swelling

This can take awhile to improve. 2-3 wks. 

One thing I often recommend to my patients is to try a low salt diet. Less than 1000mg of sodium/day for 2 wks. You could start now. This will help the swelling resolve more quickly. Best of luck. DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye filler

Thank you for your question and photos. I doubt the bags that you see are just swelling, it may be the filler and this will not go away. It probably needs to be dissolved. Your skin quality does not make you a candidate for fillers in this area. Talk to your injector about removing it and finding a different way of eye rejuvenation. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Cessation--Reverse if Necessary

Swelling usually resolves after 1-2 weeks. This can be reversed with Hyaluronidase and a different technique can be used. I recommend a combination approach with lasers, well-placed fillers and peels. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Not everyone is a candidate for fillers

Thank you for the great question and the photos. I'm sorry you're having this issue. In my opinion, you were not a good candidate for fillers due to your severe skin lacity and malar bags. If you doctor did use a hyaluronic acid filler I would see if they are able to dissolve it. If your eyes still both you, try finding a surgeon with experience using lasers and peels as they will be able to give you the best guidance on which option to use for treatment of your eye bags. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber

These fillers will need to be removed.

There are some folks who should not have fillers.  These eyelids need to be chemically peels or have surgery.  Hopefully you surgeon used hyaluronic acid fillers which can be removed with enzyme.  This will not settle down on its own.