One of my eyes is bigger than the other. (photo)

Is this condition repairable

Uneven size of eyes

When one eyelid does not elevate as much as the other one, the eyes do not appear to be the same size. This is most commonly due to a stretched or torn ligament in the lower eyelid. The ligament connects the muscle that elevates the eyelid to the firm portion of the eyelid (the tarsal plate). When the ligament is stretched and the lid cannot elevate the same as the other side, it is called ptosis. Some people are born without the ligament, and is called congenital ptosis and is there from birth. Occasionally, patients have both eyes affected. Correction of the ligament attachment can restore the eyelids to the same elevation. Facial Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, and Oculoplastic surgeons all commonly deal with these issues. John Standefer MD

Difference in eye size

Hi there, thank you for your photo.Based on the photo, I think one of your eyelids might be droopy from a condition called eyelid ptosis. The photo is not "zoomed in" to the eyes, so it is a little hard for me to tell.My recommendation would be that you seek a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon. If you do have eyelid ptosis, the asymmetry can be corrected with eyelid surgery. Hope this helps!By the way, the shape of your eyes is beautiful

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon