Is a brow lift necessary? (photos)

I'm 68yrs old. I have a nickel sized basal cell on my scalp near hair line. Surgeon suggested brow lift after removal. Is it necessary ? I'm not convinced I need it.

browlift necessary?

A full set of autografts are required to make a determination about a surgical procedure.,  It is very important to make sure all of the basal cell carcinoma on the scalp has been removed prior to undergoing any elective cosmetic surgery.  A brow lift is only performed on  patients who have low eyebrows. For many before and after results of brow lifts, please see the link and the video below

Do i need a browlift ?

Your basal cell cancer is large.  Removing the basal cell  will create an open wound.  When the open wound is closed you will have some pulling up of the brow in that area.  Your surgeon may have recommended a browlift to avoid a pulled up area only in the area of the cancer. The browlift would give you a smoother appearance all the way across the forehead.   The priority is to get the cancer out!!!    You can let everything heal after the cancer is removed and then consider options to make it look better if it bothers you.   Final words,.... get the cancer out.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift for basal cell?

Without pictures and a face to face exam it's very difficult to give advise.  My first priority under normal circumstances would be to assure that the bcc has been thoroughly removed and that all margins are clear. One option for closure of the wound is a local flap to avoid the brow lift.  Regards,
Jon A. Perlman MD FACSCertified, American Bd. of Plastic SurgeryBeverly HIlls, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Is a Brow Lift Necessary after Excision of Forehead Basal Cell Carcinoma?

You may or may not benefit from a brow lift depending on your appearance. Depending on the amount of skin to be excised it will add little to the procedure if the brows are simultaneously lifted. I need to see pictures to be more specific in my response.

Is a brow lift necessary?

I'm sorry but you are asking us to comment on appearance changing surgery with no idea of your appearance, the location or the size of the basal cell lesion. Without good photos it would not be possible to give you those answers. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Basal cell at hairline

When they remove this basal cell you are probably going to get a lift of the brow on that side as they close the defect.  So are they suggesting doing a brow lift on the other side for symmetry??      

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon