Not lowering my crease, should I get a smaller implant? (photo)

I'm 5'6 125 lbs. My PS is not lowering my crease and I'm very happy about it. But am I going too big? Would the implant sit too high? I'm getting 425cc mod+, my measurements are 11 cm diameter on each breast and 5 cm from crease to the nipple, about 20cm from the collarbone to the nipple. My breast are pretty even. I've attached one picture of me before and after using vectra imaging and my wish pic. If I have to go lower in size, how much lower? Thank you

Lift instead of large implants

The ideal photograph shows the breasts high on the chest wall and medial. However, your nipples are too far apart and too low. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 425 cc implants are large, may extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

A Breast Lift May be Beneficial with the Size Increase

The size of the new implant may stretch the skin due to the added #weight. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. This may be something to consider.  It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. 

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Crease will be lowered

Thank you for your pictures.  Your implants will lower the crease especially to achieve the look you want.

Dr. ES

When to lower the crease with breast augmentation

While the VECTRA analysis can be very helpful, it does not take into account factors such as nipple to fold distance with skin stretch. Also, the size you desire is quite large, which may cause issues with coverage and support. One option to consider might be form stable implants, which can be wider than tall, with a shorter nipple-to fold distance.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast aug

Thank you for the picture.

I believe that this size will give you great results, although I think that a high profile will give you more definition.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

You have great insight into a technical situation. Without a few more exam measurements it's tough to tell exactly if that implant could fit without lowering your fold. Based on your general size and the implant chosen likely your fold would usually need to be lowered to make your nipples look appropriately positioned. The vectra looks like a pretty good representing. For a more natural look and no chance of lowering your fold  a smaller implant would be safer 

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

No Lil Bubbles

Dear Lil Bubbles,
The implant size that you are planning to get is not small.  You will require some lowering of your fold to keep your nipple/areola complexes centered on your new breast mounds.  Your Vectra imaging pictures are probably a fairly accurate indicator of your result.  If you like that result, then proceed as planned.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD, FACS

Crease lowering

You must have the crease lowered to have this size implant. Look at the picture of the breast you like. The distance from her nipple to crease is probably 9cm. The crease is lowered during many breast augmentation procedures. If it is not done then you have  your implant too high and your nipples pointing at the floor. You can get what you want. Good Luck

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon