Lower Eyelid Injection or Surgery? (photo)

hi dr please i would like to know you advice for my case . i have bags and puffiness under my eyes since i was 15 years and now i want to get rid of it so what the best procedure for my case. i add some photo i hope that will help . thank you so much

Doctor Answers 4

Lower eyelid injection or surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best option for a more permanent fix is fat repositioning blepharoplasty. A temporary and less expensive option would be to place filler in the tear trough. Restylane works fantastic for this area. There are options available, and the best procedure for you would depend on your individual circumstances. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions about either procedure and I would be happy to answer them for you. From here,  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified specialist. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

Lower Eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The puffiness and the under eye circles are very common areas patients wish to improve. There are 2 approaches: surgical and non-surgical, both with their pros and cons.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Lower eyelid bags need surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The bags under the eyelids are caused by fat. Some people get it earlier than others. It is partly genetics. The best treatment remains lower blepharoplasty. In certain milder cases injections can be used to temporarily help the condition. Typically Restylane or Juvederm in the 'tear trough' will help. 


Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

Lower eyelid bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Judging by your posted photos it looks like you could go with an injectable filler or surgical attachment of the protruding eyelid fat to the deeper cheek fat.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.