Lower Blep Eyelid Surgery?

With so many procedures PS's perform, how do you find a PS that specializes specifically in eyelid surgery?

Doctor Answers 2

Lower blepharoplasty surgery

As you mentioned, there can be many choices in choosing a surgeon to perform blepharoplasty.  In general, there would be three types of specialties that would perform such a procedure.  These would be, facial plastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, and oculoplastic surgeons.  All can be potentially well experienced in performing surgery on the eyelids.  It's really just a matter of finding a board certified physician that you like.  Referrals from friends or acquaintances are a good place to start or you could ask for a referral from your general physician.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Eyelid Surgery Plastic Surgeons

    Find the plastic surgeon with the best credentials who performs these surgeries frequently.   I would recommend looking at before and after photos as well.  You should also go to the surgeon you like and trust.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.