Low Cost Liposuction More Likely to Have Poor Outcome?

In the past few years, I've developed some hereditary inner thigh and knee fat. Due to permanent knee injury, I can only get my cardio exercise from walking, bike, and elliptical type machines. However, I’m not seeing many results. I want to have Liposuction for my thighs and/or lower abdomen, but I don’t know if I can trust the doctors who have affordable pricing. Is a low cost Liposuction more likely to result into a poor outcome? Is there such a thing as a "too low" cost?

Plastic Surgery and Cost

Do not look at the cost of cosmetic surgery. If you are shopping around for the cheapest price then what you will get is a cheaply done surgery on your body. Be careful who does your surgery.

Find a plastic surgeon that is board certified and then look at the price. In the long term it will be worth while to pay a little more at the front end, otherwise you will pay more one way or another if you go cheaper.

Plastic Surgery and Cost

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cost is not directly relative to quality

Unfortunately costs have little to do with quality of liposuction, but you should rarely rely on cost as a main determinant of your surgical choices. Excellent surgeons can do surgery for free if they want. However, most excellent surgeons do not want to be the low-cost provider in the area. First find a surgeon with experience that you trust and can communicate with. Then work out a price. Don't go to a surgeon you don't know or trust just because you can afford him/her.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD