It has been exactly 3 months since my 2nd CoolSculpting procedure and I'm seeing no measurable results. Is it too soon to worry?

The coolsculpting procedure was done both times with 2 applicators on either side of my belly button. Should I try another treatment to get the results I want or is it too soon to tell? My diet and exercise have not changed. I was down 2 inches after my 1st procedure. Immediately following the second procedure I gained the 2 inches back and I've only gone down 1 inch in the last three months.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Has your weight been stable?

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Evaluating Results from Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure for reducing a bulge by 25% without any down time at all.  To properly evaluate your results you should return to your treating physician for before and after photos.  In addition, you should get weighed on the same scale to determine if you are the same weight as before your treatment.  Let us know your results.

Sometimes Results Are Hard to See

It is possible that the results are present but you won't really appreciate them until you compare your current state with the pre-treatment state. Make sure your weight has not increased as well, because this will compromise your result. The fat cells that have been destroyed from the treatment will not come back, but the remaining cells will increase in size with weight gain. Best wishes.

At 3 months you should see a change. You should go in and review before and after photos at times people don;t realize the change until they see it through pictures. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

No results after Coolsculpting

Although it is possible, if you have maintained your original weight, I would go in for "after" pictures to compare them to your before pictures.  I have done this for many patients who thought they saw no results and then signed up for more treatments after seeing what they looked like before.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Results

I have had many patients concerned about results after treatment only to find after they compare their before photos to their after photos do they realize that they actually did have a nice results. Before making any conclusions as to the final results, please return to your physician and see the pretreatment photos.  If, at that time, there are no results, then you can discuss this with your treating physician immediately and come up with a solution or new treatment regimen.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

Hello, if you had "before" pictures taken, I recommend that you go back to your practitioner to take "after" pictures so that you can compare your results side by side. I would suggest also consulting with a plastic surgeon to see whether liposuction or some other treatment will give you the results you seek. Best of luck. 

Michael E. Jones, MD

CoolSculpting and Results

I see patients everyday that do not get improvement or where the improvement is not as substantial or contoured as they would like. I would suggest seeing a body contouring specialist to determine if other non invasive options are for you or if hi definition liposuction would be better.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting result.

It typically takes up to 4 months to see the full result from Coolsculpting.  If at that time you are not seeing the results you seek you may consider another treatment such as liposuction.  Go back to the treating physician and review your photos to see where you are.