I have high profile, textured implants placed under the muscle, did push ups and both breasts are tender/achey, is this normal?

I am one year post on, with high profile, textured implants placed under the muscle, I tried a new chest work out, and both breasts are tender/achey, is this a normal symptom, more so in my left? I normally don't do many chest exercises, just concerned considering its been 4 days since the exercise, I know I did a good amount because my upper back muscles are very sore as well. And is it not recommended to continue chest exercises after a BA?

Is This Normal?

Your discomfort could be related to the fact that this is a new activity for you but if you have ongoing breast concerns or visible changes I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person.
All the best

Tender breasts 1-year post-op following chest exercises

Thank you for your question. There is no recommendation that you should not do chest exercises after breast augmentation especially, 1 year post-surgery. Only in the first 6 weeks, it is recommended to avoid using your chest muscles and to avoid upper-body exercises of any kind especially with behind the muscle implant placement as it will compromise healing of your breasts. This includes but is not limited to running, push-ups, pull-ups, and weight-lifting. However, after 3-6 months, you would get your final results. With regards to your tender breasts, it may be that your chest muscles are sore and achy just like your back muscles. If you did excessive chest exercise, the soreness can last many days, especially if you are doing exercises in the region after a long time. From your description, it is not clear if your breasts became tender right away, or the next day following exercises. If the latter, there may not be a problem. If the former, then it may be important to follow-up and consult with your surgeon. Hope this helps!

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Chest Exercises OK After Breast Augmentation

With newer techniques for redraping the pectoralis (chest) muscle during breast augmentation surgery, you should be fine doing any and all chest exercises.Of course, you can expect some soreness when you begin exercising again.If soreness persists, consult with your Plastic Surgeon.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon