Upper stomach bulge?

Doesn't a tummy tuck with muscle repair fix the upper stomach buldge? I don't mean the visceral fat I mean the distended buldge?

Yes

Upper abdominal bulge can be fixed with abdominoplasty in the right candidate for surgery. You need to be seen by a plastic surgeon to determine your suitability for this surgery.

Stomach Bulge

A full tummy tuck works to address all three components, treating conditions related to the skin, fat and stomach muscles. The procedure repairs weakened abdominal muscles while also removing excessive skin/fat through tightening, surgical removal and, often, liposuction. Patients frequently lose a number of inches from their waist size as well.

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Doesn't a tummy tuck with muscle repair fix the upper stomach.

You are correct, a full tummy tuck usually will complete muscle repair from the chest to the pubis, remove excess skin, and finish and refine the contour with liposuction as needed.

Upper stomach bulge?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, during a tummy tuck muscle repair the repair is started from just under the patient's breast bone down to the level of the belly button and then from the belly button down towards the pubic bone.  Without an in-person examination, it is difficult to say what your bulge may be, as residual adipose tissue, fluid collections, or swelling may all be playing a role.  See your surgeon and voice your concerns.

Upper belly bulge

Yes, in a tummy tuck, commonly three things are done. The fat of the abdomen is liposuctioned above the fascia, the muscle is tightened from the chest wall to the pubic bone, and the skin from the incision to the bellybutton is removed and then tightened. I hope this is helpful. Try to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region for a consultation.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Upper stomach bulge?

Yes, a tummy tuck does fix an upper stomach bulge that is from diastasis (muscle separation) if you have plication as part of your procedure (most full TT include this). Some people have an upper stomach bulge because they have excess fat under the skin (not just visceral). If your PS didn't liposuction there during your procedure, then it will still bulge. It is best to ask your PS.