When should I start going to the gym after liposuction? I took mine 3 months ago.

After 3 months of being liposuctioned and got a fat transfer to my butt. when can I start to go to the gymn? Could the fat transfered be damage or lost if I do exercise at gym??? Does the work out help me to get my abs flatter without lossing my fat transfered???

Gym after Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Straining, bending over and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you will be able to resume most of your normal activities within 10 days or less. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

When should I start going to the gym after liposuction? I took mine 3 months ago

Hi there, 
I usually ask my patients to start cardio and toning exercises at around 2 - 3 months after a fat transfer and ask them NOT to start routines and diets that cause weight loss upto 6 months.
in case of just liposuction you can start after 15 days. but after fat transfer yiouhave to wait for the transferred fat to stabilise.
Also ask your PS for his routine 

When can you go to the gym after liposuction -- my patients are on treadmills at day 2 and back lifting in 1-2 weeks

this is all patient specific, but most my patients are lifting weights and with a trainer at about 7-10 days.  Best, Dr. Emer.

When to go to the gym

I let patients of all types go to the gym at 2 weeks after all types of surgery.   The patient must be doing  well.  The early gym experience must be gentle with pain being the guide.  It may hurt to do some things but the patient will not hurt themselves.   Early activity works great.   The wound at rest heals best but  getting moving slowly is a great benefit for the patient.   This activity also decreases the risk of a pulmonary embolism. My Best,  Dr C

When to return to the gym after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• After liposuction - one can usually exercise at 6 weeks, at times earlier.
  • But if you exercise and lose weight, some of the transferred fat may reduce, like fat elsewhere.
  • Ask your surgeon if s/he approves your returning to the gym - 
  • It should be ok but every surgeon has a differeent approach.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Gym after liposuction

Thank you for your question. You should be able to resume strenuous activities such as exercise 2 weeks following surgery. Please follow the guidelines provided to you by your surgeon.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Thanks for the question, I usually have people return to the gym around the 3 week mark if there are no issues, I have them start slowly and work their way up, you should ask your doc what they suggest

Patients can resume exercise after liposuction is sin as it feels comfortable.

In my practice I have no restrictions on athletic activity after liposuction. Having had liposuction myself I played golf the next day.