Will Rhinoplasty make a significant change in my face? (photos)

With my other features, will having rhinoplasty make a significant improvement in my appearance? I want to do it, just don't want to if it wont make that big of a difference.

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty will certainly make a huge difference in the overall facial appearance as the nasal tip is large and the nostrils are wide.  You have great symmetry of the face and you facial features are very good and smooth.  A rhinoplasty will certainly complementary existing facial features.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose changes

If having a more refined tip would be pleasing to you, then yes, this would make a noticeable change. Remember, there are no right or wrong looks, it is whatever look you like.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Well, really, your photo is too small! But having said that ...

... from the photo you sent, it seems that the two cartilages that form the tip of your nose are strong, and they make the tip look wide.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that could be possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I narrowed the tip. Can't quite tell from your photo, but it might be that the tip of your nose should come up a little bit, too. Usually, when the tip cartilages are strong enough to make the tip look wide, they also make the tip hang down, as in the short attached video.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle. Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he'll change, and by how much he'll change them -- so you know whether it's enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure is accomplished by making a three-dimensional change to the nose, so it is very difficult to give any opinion based on a 1-dimensional photograph. From the one limited photograph, the bulbous tip can be reduced, the nose straightened, the dorsal hump shaved can be down, and the overall nose  refined. The amount of change in rhinoplasty is measured in millimeters. Computer imaging would also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the procedure. For many examples and more information, please see  the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.
In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

I think that you need to be seen in person and discuss your concerns. One view of the face is not enough to get a good feel for what needs to be done.

Will Rhinoplasty Make a Significant Change to My Face

A rhinoplasty can be done to improve the appearance of your nose but you need to consult with a specialist to discuss your goals and determine what changes you want. The ideal is to refine your nose so it is proportional to yyour surrounding facial features.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Would rhinoplasty make a significance difference in appearance?

The goal of all facial procedures is to create an attractive improvement and balance where the  person (you) can feel comfortable and positive. When your face is already pretty and the nose does not compliment the other good features, then rhinoplasty helps improve the overall balance and attractiveness. So yes, this can be a very positive thing.  :) 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

stacy4476, Hard to tell from one photo but I would tell you that if you don't like your nose and are willing to undergo surgery to change your nose then you need to see an experienced specialist in your area that does "only faces" and has great Internet photos. From your one photo it looks like you could possibly benefit from a rhinoplasty and an alar rim procedure. Make sure your doctor does your alar rim after your rhinoplasty; results are much more predictable that way. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon