What if your outer lip (vagina) is two inches long and the other is not even a inch? (Photo)

I think it is because I rub it to much and how do I get rid of it.

Labiaplasty would help improve symmetry of your labia

by focusing on one side, assuming the smaller side is good as well.  Otherwise you could have both sides done with emphasis on the larger side.  Costs vary widely so do your homework and just because someone is less costly doesn't mean they are less skilled... there are a lot of surgeons that need to pay for their overhead and higher costs of living in addition to other circumstances that increase their overhead.  The procedure should take about an hour if just the labia minora.

Should you get a labiaplasty?

First, let me reassure you that your labia appearance is normal. However there is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Labia Majora Enhancement

Less commonly, patients will present for correction of the outer Lips or the #LabiaMajora.  They may either be too large or too small or sometimes deflated with age or weight loss. Reduction can be accomplished with an incision on the inner or outer side depending upon the anatomy for the patient.  Enlargement can be performed with fat grafting which will provide a fuller more youthful appearance.

The labia are almost always uneven. This is corrected with labiaplasty surgery which reduces the excess to give a more symmetric appearance.

Labia minora asymmetry

You're not abnormal, you just have different sized inner labia. This isn't anything you caused from rubbing it too much. You should consult with a cosmetic vaginal surgeon and see what your options are. I can't tell much from the photo but a Labiaplasty would be straight forward and easy to heal and recover from.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labia minora asymmetry.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Some degree of labia asymmetry is quite common and yours is well within normal.  This difference is likely genetically determined and not due to your rubbing.  That said if you would like to achieve an improvement in appearance you can seek a labiaplasty to reduce your larger side.  Hope that this helps.

Labiaplasty: Asymmetric Labia

Thank you for your question and your photo.  It appears that you have asymmetry of the labia minora.  A labiaplasty may be indicated, but would require an examination to better assess your condition and to provide recommendations.  I would recommend finding an experienced genital surgeon for an evaluation.  We have an office that is only a few hours from Louisville, Kentucky -- I would be glad to see you for an evaluation.   Best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist - Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Labia enlargement

I reviewed your photo and agree that you have a protruding  labia minora.  This condition is not right or wrong it is just a variation of normal.  This is  just like a person with a larger nose. This condition is only a problem if you believe it is problem as you do not like the appearance.  Only you can make that decision.  In your situation you have asymmetry i.e. one side is longer than the other. .  There are many different techniques to decrease the protruding the labia minora and the two most common techniques are 1) the curvilinear reduction or linear reduction and 2) a wedge resection.  NO matter which technique you pursue choose a surgeon with experience, expertise, reputation and one who achieves great results.  These qualities are not achieved by being a "plastic surgeon" or even being "board certified" but instead they come through great training, years of surgical experience, common sense, logic and innate talent.    All too often surgeons tell patients what post operative cosmetic results should be instead of asking a patient : " what results do you hope to achieve"?   The surgeon should be able to communicate with a patient and discuss whether her postoperative desired results are achievable. A surgeon should communicate with a patient what is and what is NOT achievable for that individual patient.  It sounds as though you would like to match the length of one side to the other.... obviously you can't make the shorter side longer but instead you can do a labia reduction on the longer side.  It has been my experience to get the best results of symmetry it is necessary to operate on both sides to make them appear most symmetrical.   However you the patient would make the final decision.  Choose a surgeon wisely before engaging in surgery as you don't want to have a botched surgery and then need multiple surgeries to repair the new problem.

Enlarged labia minora on one side...

Hi, this is not an uncommon occurrence.  But if it is bothering you, then it can be corrected with a unilateral labiaplasty.  Please see a qualified cosmetic gynecologist or plastic surgeon in your area to see if you are a candidate.  Good Luck!

Labiaplasty can even out uneven labia

You can have the larger side reduced to match the smaller side or you can have both sides reduced to an even smaller size depending upon your preference. Labial asymmetry is very common.