Does this look like a normal breast revision? (Photo)

I had my first breast aug 3 years ago using silicone implants placed sub-muscular. Over time the implants began to fall out of place. I went to see a different plastic surgeon who said they had bottomed out. He decided to use my same implants and close off the old pocket under the muscle and move the implants to over the muscle. Now this is what my breasts look like Day 3 post op.

Implant revision

At this point in time you are way too early to see the final result. You have to give it time to settle down. Best of luck.

Post op healing

It is too early to judge your result at day 3. It will take several weeks for the breast to heal and your final result to be seen.

Does this look like a normal breast revision?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although your concerns are understandable, it is much too early for meaningful assessment of your outcome.  In other words, I would expect that your breasts will change significantly over the course of the next several weeks/months.  Hopefully, these changes will be to your liking and you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed. In the meantime, continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon on a frequent basis.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  It's way too early at 3 days to make any judgment on your final result.  With time, swelling subsides, implants settle into their position, scars improve and tissue settles out.  Wait at least 3 months before getting a better idea.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow your postop instructions.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Postop breast revision

You are way too early to be worried about this. At this point, your surgeon has tacked down the tissues in a higher position to elevate the implant. This will always have an unnatural appearance for several weeks after the surgery. Eventually, dissolvable stitches will disappear, the implant will fall better into place, and the lower pole of the breast which now appears flat and unnatural should stretch, settle, and become round. Give this time and keep in contact with your plastic surgeon.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon