It's been 8 months... What's taking so long?

I am a female, and had 2,000 FUE (Neograft) implants eight months ago and have yet to see any results. I know they say it takes 12-18 months to see "full results" but shouldn't I see some kind of progress by now? I'm getting nervous that the surgery was not successful. The donor area has grown back in nicely, but the transplant area still looks like it did a year ago. I'm feeling very discouraged.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair folliclesv

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

No Growth at 8 Months

There are some late growers that see growth between 8-10 months, but by 10 months the faith of a hair transplant becomes mostly evident.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

8 months Post-Op

After 8 months you should have been seeing some kind of results for sure. Please follow up with the doctor that performed the surgery and get the doctors opinion. They should have some before pictures and maybe can compare to show you some progress. If not, hopefully the doctor will do what is necessary to make it right. Don't get discouraged yet, just get some answers and opinion from your hair transplant specialist and go from there. Wish you the best of luck! 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

8 months no results

Go back to your doctor and ask your doctor about the failure to see results from your hair transplant and see what your doctor says

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon