I'm 3 months post FL, and have marionette lines I didn't have before. My eyes are ruined from fat graft. What can I do? (Photo)

Thanks Docs for replies. Here's my before and after mouth and eyes. My mouth was fine before full face lift wo marionettes or downward turn. He also ruined my eyes putting fat grafts under. Imagine this done to your wife or sister. PS board cert and visable in louisville. I cannot afford revision or filler at this time but have hope 4 future resolution. I liked the way i looked before and just asked to have my neck tightened. I've had a difficult recovery incl. Post op mrsa. Thanks for advice.

Results

I am so sorry that you are so unhappy with your results. Based on your photos, you look to still have some swelling. Given the fact that you've had a difficult recovery, I would give it another few months before assuming this is your final result. If, at that point, you are still unhappy, seek a second opinion. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Second opinion after bad result from a facelift.

From the picture it looks as though you still have a sizable amount of swelling. As embarrassing is it may be it's best to wait for now. There may be very significant improvement with the passage of time. If you don't feel that substantial progress is being made than I would suggest you get a second opinion.

Facelift - postop results

Sorry to hear about your surgical experience. It is best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see what the next step should be. You are still early postop and can expect some more settling with time. There are definitely options to improve your results and I would seek a second opinion or discuss your options with your surgeon. MRSA infections can be serious and put you at risk for complications. 

#PlasticSurgery #FaceLift #Recovery #results 

Facelift

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties you had. If the infection is completely resolved, I would seek advice on being sure that you are not still a carrier. Your primary care physician can help you with that. As far as the fullness under your eyes there is some treatment that can be done to help diminish that fat. But if you were only a month I think I would wait another month before considering  any further treatment.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Undesirable results

It seems like you have unfortunately had a negative experience with your facelift.  While it is still relatively early, as your face will continue to change for a few more months before settling in its final result, you may want to review your results with your surgeon or get  a second opinion for a board certified plastic surgeon.  Looking at your photos online is not ideal to answer your question.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post op

If you are unhappy with your results after surgery it is best to return to your surgeon and discuss options. The problem is the MRSA infection. You are at a higher risk of this problem recurring.

Facelift issue

Hard to say. The MRSA may have caused longer term swelling that could contribute to some of your issues.  Best to give it a while longer. Good luck.

Facelift Recovery

I'm sorry to hear about the results of your facelift. From the photographs it's hard to discern what were really looking at. You can certainly get the opinion of other plastic surgeons in your community. Because you've now had MRSA, the chances for you to get that again are higher. There are some fixes with Botox to the corners of your mouth as well that are not very expensive. Good luck and hope things improve.I'm sorry to hear about the results of your facelift. From the photographs it's hard to discern what were really looking at. You can certainly get the opinion of other plastic surgeons in your community. Because you've now had MRSA, the chances for you to get that again are higher. There are some fixes with Botox to the corners of your mouth as well that are not very expensive. Good luck and hope things improve.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I'm 3 months post FL, and have marionette lines I didn't have before. My eyes are ruined from fat graft. What can I do?

MRSA delays all healing by months! So you need more more healing time.................................

Need for facelift revision

There are several issues that make this a difficult situation.

1. B&A photos are different
2.  We all have the anatomic structures that cause marionette lines.
3. We don't know the time lapse after surgery.
4. You have had (and likely still carry MRSA) which makes you at risk to get it again.

My recommendation is for you to go back to the operating surgeon and discuss these issues.  Alternatively, get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon (there are many in the Louisville area.)  There is no easy fix to these problems although several things might be done to improve them including time and massage.

Richard O. Gregory, MD