Is lipo usually involved in a revision? (Photo)

Will Lipo be involved in my revision? I would like it to be :)

Still some fullness

Yes liposuction is often a part of revision.  Talk to your doctor and get  an outline of his [plan for you.   You have some fullness that liposuction could correct.    My Best,  Dr Commons

Is lipo usually involved in a revision?

Yes, liposuction surgery is a common modality used during tummy tuck revisionary surgery. Discuss your goals/concerns as well as preferences with your plastic surgeon. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you are happier with. Best wishes.

Excess fat or skin after a tummy tuck

It is difficult to give accurate advice solely from the side picture you provided.  It may be a fluid collection, or excessive tissue which would need drainage and/or revision with liposuction, respectively.

Remember than an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Abdominal bulge

It seems, based on your photo, that liposuction should be a central part of your revision. Whether skin excision will be needed in addition can be evaluated only on the basis of in person clinical evaluation. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Revision procedure may involve liposuction

I am afraid there is not enough information given to address the problem(s), but generally speaking, revisions from tummy tucks can involve skin and fat removal, either directly or with liposuction.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision - is liposuction involved

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

• When did you have your tummy tuck?
  • It looks as though you either have post-surgery swelling in the lower abdomen or a seroma.
  • If surgery was recent, wait 6 months before any revision because swelling will improv.e
  • If this is your final result. have your surgeon do a pre-operative ultrasound to see if the problem is fat or a chronic seroma.
  • Liposuction will remove excess fat - but will not treat a chronic seroma.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD

Revision

Hello and thank you for your question as well as posting photos! The way I see it....Lipo can be involved in your revision if you want it to be, unless of course there are any limiting factors. When I perform tummy tucks, whether revision or a first timer, I almost always combine liposuction and tummy tuck together. I believe this gives far superior results to tummy tuck alone. However, combining liposuction and tummy tuck is more complicated than performing a tummy tuck alone so make sure your plastic surgeon is very comfortable doing both at the same time. Also, please make sure you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon