Labia too short - wanted a wedge technique. (photo)

He never said just the wedge he new my husband did not want it done so he should have new I did not want it that short I just want it like the wedge you show on the inter net so nothing I can do to try get it fix

Miscommunication with your surgeon about labiaplasty

can lead to very unhappy outcomes.  If your spouse did not want you to have this and your surgeon was aware of that, I'm surprised your surgeon chose to proceed as such situations often lead to problems in the patient's marriage.  As for taking off too much, its really hard to reconstruct the labia unless you have a lot of excess adjacent tissues which your photo does not show.  If you still have a relationship with your surgeon, you should discuss your concerns and see if there are any fixes that your surgeon is comfortable with.  Reconstructing the minora is not for neophytes.

Labiaplasty left labia too short

I'm sorry that your communication wasn't clear with your surgeon before your surgery. A revision labiaplasty is usually much more difficult than the initial labiaplasty, and the options may be few. If you only recently had surgery, it is possible you might be pleased with the result once the swelling is gone.

Swelling after labiaplasty can last up to six months, so if at that time you are still unhappy, you might consider getting a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with extensive experience in female genital plastic surgery. 

For more information about labiaplasty, click on the link below.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

Be sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in labiaplasty procedure and has an extensive photo gallery. This will help ensure a good result with optimal aftercare.

Ultimately, it was you who decided to go through with surgery despite your husband's opinion

If you do things that your significant other disagrees with, then you need to deal with the consequences of your decisions. However, as an adult, you are free to do whatever you wish with your body. Your surgeon is bound to your requests only and is required to maintain your privacy in these decisions irrespective of how others in your social circle feel about your decisions. It's unfortunate that your surgery didn't turn out to your satisfaction. You should wait at least six months from the original surgery for any attempt at revision.

Labia too short - wanted a wedge technique.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your result.  At this point I would recommend you allow your results to fully heal over the next 3-6 months to allow any swelling to resolve and the tissues to return to a normal consistency.  Once your results mature, a better assessment of the potential for reconstruction from your clitoral hood tissue can be determined.  Hang in there and see a labiaplasty surgeon in consultation for a second opinion.  Best wishes.