can Juvederm or Restylane correct my smile? (Photo)

i had braces and once i had the, taken off it left an impression in my lip muscles. that was two years ago. i was wondering if One of these two would correct the issue. im not looking for fuller lips i enjoy my lips as they are. I just want to smile with confidence

Juvederm and Restylane Can Correct Lip Asymmetry

The hyaluronic-acid based fillers can be used not just for increasing lip volume, but for reshaping as well. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist about how to correct your lip asymmetry with HA fillers.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Restylane are both great options.

Juvederm or Restylane are both great options. Scheduling a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon would be beneficial to have an accurate assessment. 

Asymmetry can sometimes be corrected or slightly modified to appear less dramatic depending on the asymmetry. 

All the Best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Fillers to correct a smile

Hi Radnub55:

Thanks for sharing your photos, they are helpful. It appears that the right corner of your mouth descends into a longer and deeper fold.

It is very rare for anyone to be perfectly symmetrical. Your need for braces may indicate that the upper and lower jaw grew slightly differently requiring braces to align your teeth for proper eating and possibly tooth visibility. Review earlier photos of yourself to see if you did not have these differences before braces.

Using an analogy, when the hanger your shirt is on is bent, your shirt will not hang properly and fold or crease asymmetrically. This is what is happening when your facial bones are unbalanced and the muscles and tissues hang a bit awkwardly. 

Fillers and maybe muscle relaxers will help. Achieving symmetry is difficult. Find the most experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial ENT to assess your desires and the ability to achieve your goals.

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Restylane for lip indentations

You can always try a filler for your lips to improve the impressions left by your braces. I would recommend an in-person evaluation with a skilled injector to see if that is the correct way to go about it. With many of the new fillers, you are able to dissolve the product if you are unhappy with the results.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is possible that in very skilled hands it could help!

This is one of those areas where you need someone who is top of their game and has quite a good technique.  You will have to research it thoroughly as going to someone who is less expensive or who is not a superior injector will leave you with a huge chance of disaster.  
It is likely that this will require both filler and botox but that will need to be determined at the time of the consult when they can see how your mouth moves, etc.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

No filler

i do not think you are ready for filler and this will no solve your problem. I would suggest you talk to your orthodontist. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon